Rukesh Korde helps policyholders resolve disputes with their insurance companies. Over the past fifteen years, he has helped recover over $1 billion for policyholders in the banking, financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, petroleum, travel services, consumer products, chemical, and hotel industries. He regularly advises and litigates complex insurance issues, including issues related to first party property damage, business interruption, contingent business interruption, environmental remediation, misrepresentation and unfair insurer practices.
Mr. Korde has settled and litigated insurance coverage claims for:
- Property damage arising out of the September 11 terrorist attacks, including the costs of securing alternate facilities in the resultant extremely difficult real estate market;
- Business interruption and contingent business interruption arising out of damage to the policyholder’s insured property, the property of its suppliers and of its customers;
- Mass torts, such as alleged exposure to toxins after an explosion at a chemical plant and exposure to asbestos containing materials;
- Hurricane and monsoon related damage to hotels and factories, fending of insurer attempts to reduce recovery because the damaged property was allegedly already in bad condition;
- Crime and fidelity losses related to employee embezzlement;
- Environmental cleanup costs, including disputes about whether the alleged contamination was caused by “sudden and accidental” events, whether the policyholder, “expected or intended” the contamination, and the whether policyholder gave adequate notice.
Mr. Korde has helped policyholders resolve high value disputes with insurance companies and successfully recovered for losses across North America, Europe and Asia.