Robert Newman is a partner in the firm’s employee benefits and executive compensation practice group. He represents clients ranging from small employers to some of the nation's largest employers, including for-profit and tax-exempt entities. His practice includes:
- designing, drafting, and amending a wide range of retirement plans (including 401(k) plans, ESOPs, and traditional and hybrid defined benefit plans) and welfare plans (including health, severance, and cafeteria plans);
- creating executive compensation arrangements including nonqualified deferred compensation plans, stock option plans, and other incentive plans;
- representing clients before the IRS and the Department of Labor;
- assisting clients with legislative initiatives;
- providing benefits expertise in corporate transactions and ERISA litigation;
- counseling clients with respect to pension fund investments in private equity funds and hedge funds; and
- negotiating and writing employment agreements.