Jennifer Johnson, co-chair of the firm's Communications & Media Practice Group, represents and advises broadcast licensees, trade associations, and other media entities on a wide range of issues, including:
- regulatory and policy advocacy;
- network affiliation and other programming agreements;
- media joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions;
- carriage negotiations with cable, satellite and telco companies;
- media ownership and attribution; and
- other strategic, regulatory and transactional matters.
Ms. Johnson assists clients in developing and pursuing strategic business and policy objectives before the Federal Communications Commission and Congress and through transactions and other business arrangements. Her broadcast clients draw particular benefit from her deep experience and knowledge with respect to network/affiliate issues, retransmission consent and other content distribution arrangements, and other policy and business issues facing the industry. Ms. Johnson also assists investment clients in structuring, evaluating, and pursuing potential media investments. Ms. Johnson’s pro bono activities are focused on the development of the arts and human rights issues.