Marialuisa (ML) Gallozzi has helped for-profit and nonprofit policyholders develop and execute efficient and practical insurance recovery strategies that have secured over half a billion dollars for complex, high-value claims. She also helps clients to place and renew insurance coverage, transfer risk in contracts and transactions, and prepare for and manage crises.
Chambers USA described her as “incredibly good at complex settlement structures” and Business Insurance named her as one of its "Women to Watch" in 2014. In 2016, Washington DC Super Lawyers named her one of its "Top 50 Women Lawyers." Recent engagements include:
- Cyber: Lead counsel to a hospital system in obtaining insurance recoveries for a system-wide ransomware attack.
- Captive: Advice on business interruption coverage.
- Employee theft: Represented global companies in significant employee theft losses in the United States and Africa.
- Property: Represented D.C. nonprofit corporation in insurance recovery for earthquake damage to historic Union Station.
- Product Contamination/Recalls: Advised U.S. suppliers and manufacturers in connection with first-party and third party coverage claims.