Yaron Dori has 20 years of experience in telecommunications, privacy, and consumer protection law advising telecom, technology, and media companies on their most pressing business challenges.
In doing so, Mr. Dori focuses on strategic planning, policy development, transactions, investigations and enforcement, and overall regulatory compliance.
Mr. Dori represents clients before federal and state regulatory agencies—including the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) —and the U.S. Congress in connection with a range of policy issues under the Communications Act, the Federal Trade Commission Act, and similar statutes. His unique experience in telecommunications, privacy and consumer protection matters enables him to advise clients on key business issues in which these disciplines intersect.
With respect to telecommunications matters, Mr. Dori advises clients on a broad range of business, policy and consumer-facing issues, including:
- Net neutrality;
- Broadband deployment and regulation;
- IP-enabled applications, services and content;
- The Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA);
- Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) requirements;
- The Cable Privacy Act; and
- Local competition, universal service, and intercarrier compensation.
Mr. Dori also has extensive experience in structuring transactions and securing regulatory approvals at both the federal and state levels for mergers, asset acquisitions and similar transactions involving large and small FCC and state licensees.
With respect to privacy and consumer protection matters, Mr. Dori advises clients on a range of business, strategic, policy and compliance issues, including:
- The Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA);
- Location-based services that use WiFi, beacon or similar technologies;
- Online Behavioral Advertising;
- Online advertising practices, including native advertising and endorsements and testimonials; and
- The application of federal and state telemarketing, commercial fax, and other consumer protection laws, such as the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), to voice, text and video transmissions.
Mr. Dori also has experience advising companies on FTC and state attorney general investigations into various consumer protection matters.