The American Lawyer
"2014 Litigation Department of the Year" Finalist
of the Year"
"2015 Elite 100"
"2015 GAR 100"
Covington litigators have a well-deserved reputation for handling novel, complex, and high-stakes disputes, across multiple disciplines and in multiple venues, against both private party litigants and government authorities.
Our clients turn to us for their toughest challenges – to handle bet-the-company intellectual property, antitrust, insurance coverage, and class action litigation; to defend against ever more aggressive enforcement actions by US, state, and foreign government agencies; and to tackle their most complicated international disputes.
By developing case themes early, focusing our discovery efforts on the key issues, and demonstrating the ability and drive to take the case to trial, we put our clients in the best position to win – whether through a verdict, a dispositive motion, or a negotiated resolution.
- Vast Trial Experience – Our senior litigators, which include six members of the American College of Trial Lawyers, have successfully tried hundreds of jury and bench trials.
- Regulatory and Industry Expertise – We have a leg up on our competition because of our ability to staff litigation matters with multi-disciplinary teams that take advantage of the firm’s market-leading regulatory practices and our deep expertise in the special characteristics and challenges of particular industries.
- Global Reach – Our litigators appear before national and international courts in Europe, state and federal courts and enforcement agencies throughout the US, and arbitral tribunals throughout the world; we also counsel our clients in cross-border disputes involving Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and the Americas, utilizing a trusted team of foreign lawyers and our own expert team of former diplomats and advisers.
- Savvy Case Management With a Focus on Value – We work in close collaboration with our clients to manage litigation efficiently; reduce and make costs more predictable through alternative fee arrangements; and find creative ways to resolve cases early.
- Broad Resources – Our litigation teams are strengthened by our extensive e-discovery capabilities, our technological resources for managing information and preparing trial exhibits, and our ability to collaborate efficiently across firm offices.