- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Order of the Coif
- California Law Review, Articles Editor
- Berkeley Technology Law Journal, Articles Editor
- Law & Technology Certificate
- Harvard University, S.M., 1996
- Harvard University, A.B., 1996
- Hon. Marilyn Hall Patel, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
Winslow Taub is a partner in the firm’s San Francisco office, and practices patent litigation, general commercial litigation and arbitration, and counseling on IP and privacy law issues. Mr. Taub has worked in the field of hardware and software for over 15 years, as a software engineer and as an attorney. His practice covers a variety of technology-related subjects, including issues relating to intellectual property and privacy, primarily for clients in the high technology space.
- Represent Huawei Technologies in multifront patent litigation against InterDigital, Inc. related to cellular hardware and software.
- Represented leading technology company in patent litigation in the International Trade Commission against Graphics Properties Holdings, Inc. related to central processors and graphics accelerators.
- Represented Palm, Inc. in a patent infringement lawsuit brought by NTP, Inc. related to mobile email technology.
- Represented LendingTree, LLC in a patent infringement lawsuit brought by Block Financial LLC related to online loan applications.
- Represented Overture Services, Inc. (now Yahoo! Search Marketing) in a patent infringement lawsuit against FindWhat.com related to paid search technology.
- Represented leading technology company in multifront patent litigation regarding network technology patents.
- Represented leading technology company in a patent infringement lawsuit brought by Saxon Innovations, LLC related to various microprocessor functions.
- Represented leading technology company in an ITC proceeding initiated by BTG International Inc. related to flash memory.
- Represented leading technology company in patent infringement lawsuits brought by PhatRat Technology LLC and Leaper Footwear, LLC related to athletic performance monitors.
Honors and Rankings
- Northern California Rising Stars, Intellectual Property Litigation (2009–2014)
- People v. Van Vlear. Represent Ross Van Vlear in a misdemeanor proceeding in Marin County Superior Court.
- People v. Echols. Represented Richard Echols in a misdemeanor proceeding in Marin County Superior Court.
- Todd v. LaMarque, et al. epresented Michael Todd, a California prison inmate, at trial in a lawsuit alleging excessive force during a takedown at Salinas Valley State Prison.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
Publications and Speeches
- "Blunt Instrument: The Inevitable Inaccuracy of an All-Or-Nothing On-Sale Bar," 92 California Law Review 1479 (11/8/2004), Author