- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Order of the Coif
- California Law Review, Articles Editor
- Berkeley Technology Law Journal, Articles Editor
- Law & Technology Certificate
- Harvard University, S.M., 1996
- Harvard University, A.B., 1996
- Hon. Marilyn Hall Patel, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
Winslow Taub is a partner in the firm’s San Francisco office and practices patent litigation and general commercial litigation. He has worked on a variety of patent infringement matters, from pre-litigation counseling and negotiation through trial, with a particular focus on patents covering computer hardware and software.
- Represent LendingTree, LLC in a patent infringement lawsuit against Zillow, Inc., Adchemy, Inc., NexTag, Inc., QuinStreet, Inc., QuinStreet Media, Inc., and LeadPoint, Inc., related to online matching of borrowers and lenders.
- Represent Palm, Inc. in a patent infringement lawsuit brought by NTP, Inc. related to mobile email technology.
- Represented LendingTree, LLC in a patent infringement lawsuit brought by Block Financial LLC related to online loan applications.
- Represented Overture Services, Inc. (now Yahoo! Search Marketing) in a patent infringement lawsuit against FindWhat.com related to paid search technology.
- Represent leading technology company in multifront patent litigation regarding network technology patents.
- Represented leading technology company in a patent infringement lawsuit brought by Saxon Innovations, LLC related to various microprocessor functions.
- Represented leading technology company in an ITC proceeding initiated by BTG International Inc. related to flash memory.
- Represented leading technology company in patent infringement lawsuits brought by PhatRat Technology LLC and Leaper Footwear, LLC related to athletic performance monitors.
Honors and Rankings
- Northern California Rising Stars, Intellectual Property Litigation (2009–2013)
- People v. Van Vlear. Represent Ross Van Vlear in a misdemeanor proceeding in Marin County Superior Court.
- People v. Echols. Represented Richard Echols in a misdemeanor proceeding in Marin County Superior Court.
- Todd v. LaMarque, et al. Represented Michael Todd, a California prison inmate, at trial in a lawsuit alleging excessive force during a takedown at Salinas Valley State Prison.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
Publications and Speeches
- "Blunt Instrument: The Inevitable Inaccuracy of an All-Or-Nothing On-Sale Bar," 92 California Law Review 1479 (11/8/2004), Author