William Park heads Covington's Seoul office. His experience includes representing companies and financial institutions on a range of matters including mergers and acquisitions, financing and real property transactions, corporate reorganizations, EPC contracts, and antitrust investigations in the US and EU. He has advised clients on general corporate matters and bank regulation issues. Select clients have included Kumho Group companies (notably Asiana Airlines, Kumho Petrochemical Co., Ltd, and Kumho Tire), Samsung Engineering, Hyundai Hysco, a Hyundai Motor Group company, many of the major Korean commercial banks including Woori Bank and Korea Exchange Bank, and Korea Land Corporation.
- Representation of an airline in an antitrust investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice and subsequent class action cases in the US.
- Representation of a Korean petrochemical company in antitrust investigations in the US and EU.
- Representation of several Korean companies in Section 337 proceedings before ITC and parallel patent infringement lawsuits in federal courts in the US.
- Representation of Korean companies in setting up joint ventures in the US, China, and other parts of Asia.
- Representation of Korean construction companies in negotiating EPC contracts and financing documents relating to construction projects in the Middle East, China and Southeast Asia.
- Advising Korean construction companies relating to disputes with the owners of projects or consortium partners of the projects in the Middle East, China and Southeast Asia.
- Representation of Korean commercial banks in syndication loans to large real estate developments in Korea where foreign investors are participating.
Publications and Speeches
- Mr. Park was interviewed in the Bloomberg BusinessWeek article "Trading Up" (09/17/2012) in connection with the U.S. Korea Free Trade Agreement.