Stephen Infante is head of Covington’s Private Equity practice. He has broad experience in mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions, and also practices in the areas of corporate governance, securities, and finance. His experience includes public and private acquisitions and divestitures, “going private” transactions, recapitalizations, and other leveraged transactions, minority investments, cross-border transactions and joint ventures, as well as representation of investment banks as financial advisors in M&A transactions.
Mr. Infante represents clients in a variety of industries including life sciences, energy, technology, industrials, communications and media.
- Represented the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Atlas Pipeline Partners, L.P. in its $5.8 billion merger with Targa Resource Partners L.P.
- Represented AstraZeneca in its $1.3 billion acquisition of Ardea Biosciences; and its acquisition of Bristol-Myers Squibb’s interests in the companies’ diabetes alliance for an initial consideration of $2.7 billion and up to $1.4 billion in regulatory, launch, and sales-related payments.
- Represented MedImmune, AstraZeneca's biologics arm, in its acquisition of Amplimmune for $225 million upfront and additional potential milestone payments.
- Represented Actelion Ltd. in its acquisition of Ceptaris Therapeutics for $250 million upfront and additional potential payments based on net product sales and achieving milestones.
- Represented Octavian Advisors and Octavian Global Partners in connection with TPG Special Situations Partners acquiring a significant stake in, and taking over management of, the Octavian investment funds.
- Charlesbank Capital Partners in its investment in Universal Technical Institute in its acquisition and sale of Aurora Organic Dairy, in its acquisition and sale of The GSI Group, in acquisitions of Zenith Products, The Horn Companies, Cedar Creek Lumber, and Peacock Engineering Company, in its sale of American Tire Distributors, and in its formation of Blacksmith Brands, which purchased the Efferdent, Luden's and PediaCare brands from Johnson & Johnson, and subsequent sale of Blacksmith Brands to Prestige Brands.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Atlas Energy, L.P. in its acquisition of upstream oil and gas assets from its former parent, Atlas Energy, Inc., in connection with Chevron's purchase of Atlas Energy, Inc.
- SandRidge Energy in its $1.6 billion acquisition of Arena Resources, in its $1.275 billion acquisition of Dynamic Offshore Resources and in its defense of a proxy contest initiated by TPG Axun.
Honors and Rankings
- Legal 500 US, M&A: Large Deals (2013-2014)