Saul Goodman has more than twenty years of experience in representing policyholders on complex coverage matters. His practice focuses on assisting policyholders in the structuring of insurance recovery strategies, negotiating settlements, and resolving large claims. He has assisted policyholders in recovering more than $1 billion in insurance coverage for a wide array of claims and losses, including coverage for underlying asbestos, environmental, toxic tort, fiduciary, advertising, first-party property, securities, directors and officers, and errors and omissions claims and losses.
From 1997 to 2009, Mr. Goodman served as Chair of Covington's Policyholder Insurance Coverage Practice. In 2009, the practice group received exclusive top US national rankings from both Chambers and Legal 500, and UK national rankings in those publications. In 2009, Covington’s policyholder practice also received the Chambers USA Award for Excellence in Insurance, which is awarded annually to only one policyholder practice in the US. This marked the second time that Covington's policyholder practice received the award in the three years since Chambers had been awarding it.
- Represented Merck regarding negotiated resolution of coverage or Vioxx-related claims.
- Representing Foster Wheeler LLC regarding coverage for asbestos-bodily injury claims.
- Represented LTV Steel regarding coverage for environmental liabilities.
- Representing the American Chemistry Council on coverage for toxic tort litigation.
Honors and Rankings
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers (2014)
- The Best Lawyers in America (2013)
- Legal 500 US (2013)
- Euromoney’s The Best of the Best USA (Insurance and Reinsurance) (2013)
- Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Insurance and Reinsurance Lawyers (2013)
Publications and Speeches