Sarah Burnham is a tax associate in the firm’s Washington, DC office. Her practice focuses on tax aspects of corporate transactions. Ms. Burnham also advises on a variety of tax planning issues in the domestic and international contexts.
- Advised corporations on tax transactional matters relating to, among other things, mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions.
- Advised a multinational corporation on the tax aspects related to its acquisition of a foreign telecommunications company.
- Advised a multinational manufacturing company on tax aspects of foreign internal restructurings.
- Advised multinational corporation on the application of Subpart F to income from offshore renewable energy activities.
- Served as a guardian ad litem in a child custody proceeding before the D.C. Superior Court.
- Assisting non-profit organizations in obtaining tax-exempt status.