- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 2011
- summa cum laude
- Maryland Law Review, Executive Notes and Comments Editor (2010-2011)
- Recipient of the Elizabeth Maxwell Carroll Chesnut and William Strobel Thomas graduation awards (May 2011)
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., 2005
- Highest Honors
- President’s Undergraduate Research Award Recipient
- Hon. Deborah K. Chasanow, U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, 2011-2012
- District of Columbia
Stephanie Bignon is an associate in the Washington, DC office. She practices in the corporate and financial institutions groups.
- Senior External Reporting Analyst in the External Financial Reporting group at Delta Air Lines; responsibilities included drafting the company’s annual and quarterly reports and managing the accounting and reporting processes for the company’s jet fuel hedging portfolio (2007-2008).
- Assurance Associate at Grant Thornton LLP; performed and oversaw audits for public, private, and governmental entities, including extensive work regarding accounting for stock-based compensation such as options and restricted stock (2005-2007).
Honors and Rankings
- Recipient of the Gold Key Award for earning the highest aggregate score on the Uniform CPA Examination in the state of Georgia during the 2006-2007 testing year (Educational Foundation of the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants, May 2007).
- Representing a client with regard to a petition by the probation office to revoke supervised release.
Memberships and Affiliations
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
Publications and Speeches
- "Rule 10b5-1 Trading Plans: Avoiding the Heat," Bloomberg BNA Securities Regulation & Law Report (3/11/2013), Co-Author
- "Giles v. California: Forfeiting Justice Instead of Confrontation Rights in the Court’s Most Recent Forfeiture by Wrongdoing Jurisprudence," 69 Md. L. Rev. 390 (2010), Author