- Yale Law School, J.D., 1998
- Yale Law Journal, Senior Editor
- Yale University, B.S., 1992
Peter Schwartz is a partner in our New York office who focuses on private equity transactions, corporate finance, and mergers and acquisitions. His private equity and M&A experience includes leveraged buy-outs, and public and private acquisitions and divestitures. His corporate finance experience includes a wide range of financing activities, including acquisition finance, secured and unsecured credit facilities, high yield offerings and restructurings.
Private Equity and M&A
- Charlesbank Capital Partners in a number of private equity transactions, including its purchase of The Princeton Review; its purchase of Peacock Engineering Company; its purchase and subsequent sale of the Efferdent, Luden's and PediaCare brands; and its investment in Universal Technical Institute and subsequent exit via IPO and secondary offerings.
- Enhanced Equity Fund in its acquisition of Primary Care Associates.
- PTMR Capital Partners in its investments in FNB United Corp and Avidbank.
- Perseus, L.L.C. in a number of private equity transactions, including its investment in The Vehicle Production Group; its leveraged buy-out of Haggar Corp.; its acquisition of the Relizon Company; and its sale of Maritime Telecommunications Network.
- Procter & Gamble in the sales of its Thermacare Heatwraps and Noxema businesses.
- The founders of Carrentals.com in the sale of their company to Expedia.
- Pfizer in its acquisitions of Coley Pharmaceuticals and Serenex.
- Thomson Reuters in the sales of its American Health Consultants business unit and a portfolio of healthcare magazines and journals.
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company in its global debt financings, including first, second and third lien financings, secured and unsecured high yield bonds, and credit facilities in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
- Snow Phipps Group in the secured and mezzanine financings for its acquisitions of ITSolutions, 2020 LLC, NetStar, and Service Champ.
- Private equity funds managed by Neuberger Berman, The Hampshire Companies and Perseus, L.L.C. in subscription credit facilities.
- OrbiMed in financings provided to Bacterin International and Natera, Inc.
- Colbeck Capital Management LLC, in the secured debt financings for Kadmon Pharmaceutical.
- Omeros Corporation in the financing by Vulcan Capital of one of its pharmaceutical development programs.
- Paramount Acquisition Corp. in the secured debt financing for its acquisition of ChemRx.
- Touch Tunes Music Corporation in secured and unsecured debt financings.
- Centre Solutions in a loan to Royalty Pharma, secured by a portfolio of pharmaceutical royalties.
Honors and Rankings
- Legal 500 US, M&A - National Firms - Large Deals (2009)
- Legal 500 US, Private Equity Buyouts - Middle Market (2008)
Publications and Speeches
- "Redefining Market Terms," PEI Manager (February 2008), Co-Author
- "Covenant Negotiation Considerations and Compliance Best Practices," Association for Finance Professionals Annual Conference (2007)