- Yale Law School, J.D., 1998
- Yale Law Journal, Senior Editor
- Yale University, B.S., 1992
Peter Schwartz is a partner in our New York office and the chair of our finance practice. He advises corporate and institutional borrowers and lenders in a wide range of financing activities, including acquisition financings, secured and unsecured credit facilities, structured financings, high yield offerings and restructurings. He also has extensive experience representing companies and investment funds in private equity and M&A transactions, including leveraged buy-outs, control and minority investments, and public and private acquisitions and divestitures.
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company in its global debt financings, including first, second and third lien financings, secured and unsecured high yield bonds, and credit facilities in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
- OrbiMed Advisors in secured debt, royalty and equity investments in biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
- Athyrium Capital Partners in secured debt and equity financings provided to Tria Beauty and Universal Biosensors.
- Charlesbank Capital Partners in secured and mezzanine financings for a number of their portfolio companies.
- Snow Phipps Group in secured and mezzanine financings for a number of their portfolio companies.
- Private equity funds managed by Neuberger Berman, The Hampshire Companies and Perseus, L.L.C. in subscription credit facilities.
- Colbeck Capital Management LLC, in secured debt financings provided to Kadmon Pharmaceutical.
- Omeros Corporation in the financing by Vulcan Capital of one of its pharmaceutical development programs.
- Paramount Acquisition Corp. in the secured debt financing for its acquisition of ChemRx.
- Centre Solutions in a loan to Royalty Pharma, secured by a portfolio of pharmaceutical royalties.
Private Equity and M&A
- Charlesbank Capital Partners in a number of private equity transactions, including its purchase of The Princeton Review; its purchase of Peacock Engineering Company; its purchase and subsequent sale of the Efferdent, Luden's and PediaCare brands; and its investment in Universal Technical Institute and subsequent exit via IPO and secondary offerings.
- Enhanced Equity Fund in its acquisition of Primary Care Associates.
- Tricadia Capital Management and PTMR Capital Partners in a number of investments in banks and bank holding companies.
- Perseus, L.L.C. in a number of private equity transactions, including its investment in The Vehicle Production Group; its leveraged buy-out of Haggar Corp.; its acquisition of the Relizon Company; and its sale of Maritime Telecommunications Network.
- Procter & Gamble in the sales of its Thermacare Heatwraps and Noxema businesses.
- The founders of Carrentals.com in the sale of their company to Expedia.
- Pfizer in its acquisitions of Coley Pharmaceuticals and Serenex.
- Thomson Reuters in the sales of its American Health Consultants business unit and a portfolio of healthcare magazines and journals.
Honors and Rankings
- Legal 500 US, M&A - National Firms - Large Deals (2009)
- Legal 500 US, Private Equity Buyouts - Middle Market (2008)
Publications and Speeches
- "Redefining Market Terms," PEI Manager (February 2008), Co-Author
- "Covenant Negotiation Considerations and Compliance Best Practices," Association for Finance Professionals Annual Conference (2007)