Peter Schwartz is a partner in our New York office and the chair of our finance practice. He advises corporate and institutional borrowers and lenders in a wide range of financing activities, including acquisition financings, secured and unsecured credit facilities, structured financings, high yield offerings and restructurings. He also has extensive experience representing companies and investment funds in private equity and M&A transactions, including leveraged buy-outs, control and minority investments, and public and private acquisitions and divestitures. He has led financing, restructuring, M&A and investment transactions for clients including The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, Pfizer, Procter & Gamble, Fortress Investment Group, OrbiMed Advisors, Charlesbank Capital Partners, Athyrium Capital Partners, Snow Phipps Group, and Neuberger Berman.
- Private investment funds focused on debt and royalty financings for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and healthcare companies in numerous secured debt, royalty and equity financings, ranging in value from $20 million to $100 million.
- Private equity funds in senior secured and mezzanine financings for a number of their acquisitions and portfolio companies, ranging in value from $25 million to $500 million.
- A major multinational corporation, in its global debt financings, including first, second and third lien financings, secured and unsecured high yield bonds, and credit facilities in Europe, Asia and Latin America, ranging in value from $200 million to $3.3 billion.
- A major multinational corporation in a multi-billion dollar unsecured revolving credit facility.
- A venture-backed corporation in a number of secured financings, ranging in value from $25 million to $75 million.
- A hedge fund in a $200 million secured financing supporting the purchase, by a private investment firm, of a specialty pharmaceutical company.
Private Equity and M&A
- Private equity funds in numerous leveraged buyouts of companies in industries including life sciences, education, food service, healthcare services, automotive, branded goods, telecom, and financial services, ranging in value from $40 million to $350 million.
- A private investment fund in numerous investments in regional banks and bank holding companies, in recapitalization transactions ranging in value from $15 million to $300 million.
- A leading hedge fund in the acquisition of a mortgage origination and servicing business.
- A major international consumer goods company in the sales of a number of non-core businesses.
- A major international life sciences company in a number of public and private acquisitions.
Honors and Rankings
- BTI Client Service All-Star, Finance (2015)
- Legal 500 US, M&A - National Firms - Large Deals (2009)
- Legal 500 US, Private Equity Buyouts - Middle Market (2008)
Publications and Speeches
- "Redefining Market Terms," PEI Manager (February 2008), Co-Author
- "Covenant Negotiation Considerations and Compliance Best Practices," Association for Finance Professionals Annual Conference (2007)