Our lawyers regularly work with policymakers at the Federal Communications Commission and other agencies, in the Administration, in Congress, at the Department of Justice, and at the Federal Trade Commission to shape policy, to develop industry strategies and to solve specific industry problems. We represent and work with trade associations that develop national and global business policies in areas of importance to our clients, and we build industry coalitions when necessary. In all these efforts, our lawyers are committed to focusing on a full range of commercial, policy and industry perspectives to solve our clients' business problems and to help our clients seize the opportunities that are available to them.
- Led the Coalition of Broadband Users and Innovators, including Microsoft, Yahoo!, Google, eBay, and consumer groups before the FCC and Congress for policies that ensure that as broadband services are deregulated, these Internet content companies have the ability to reach their customers.
- Advocated before Congress and the FCC passage and implementation of the Satellite Home Viewer Extension and Reauthorization Act before the FCC. Our clients are the NBC and CBS Television Network Affiliates -- about 400 stations around the country affiliated with the NBC and CBS networks.
- Led the fight to resolve legislative, judicial, and agency disputes over ownership cap on network ownership of television stations for CBS, NBC and ABC Affiliates and the National Association of Broadcasters.
- Represented the broadcast industry in all aspects of the digital transition -- legislation, litigation, rulemakings for the Association of Maximum Service Television (450 television stations), the CBS and NBC Affiliates and major station groups.
- Led an 80-member media coalition in persuading Congress to introduce legislation to protect journalists’ rights to protect their sources.
- Law360, Media & Entertainment Group of the Year (2014, 2012)
- Chambers USA: leading Telecom, Broadcast, & Satellite practice (2004-2014).
- Chambers USA: leading Media and Entertainment practice (2007-2014).
- Chambers USA: Telecom, Broadcast, & Satellite and Media & Entertainment (2012-2014).
- Chambers USA: First Amendment Litigation (2011-2014)
- Chambers Europe: leading TMT Information Technology and TMT Telecommunications (Belgium) practice (2014)
- Chambers Asia: leading China Technology, Media & Telecom sector (2010-2014).
- Legal 500 US: Media, Technology & Telecoms (2012-2014)
- Technology - Data Protection & Privacy
- Marketing & Advertising
- Technology - Outsourcing
- Technology - Transactions
- Telecoms & Broadcast - Regulatory & Transactional
- Nineteen attorneys recognized in above categories
- Legal 500 UK (2011-2014)
- Media and Entertainment
- IT & Telecoms
- Legal 500 EMEA: EU Regulatory, Information Technology (2011-2014)
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Beijing - Technology, Media & Telecoms - Foreign Firms (2009-2014)
- Best Lawyers in America: Communications Law (2014-2015)
- Best Lawyers in America: Administrative/Regulatory Law (2015)
- Three attorneys recognized
- Best Lawyers in America: Technology (2012-2015)
- Practical Law Company: Telecoms & Media - EU, US, and China (2012)
- Variety named Jason Goldberg, a member of our Asia media practice, as one of “50 Game-Changing Attorneys” in the world for his representation of major U.S. studios in landmark film production and financing deals in China (2012).
- U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers, Communications Law and Technology Law: National and Washington, DC, first tier ranking (2015)
- Intellectual Property Magazine Awards (2010)
- Sports, Media and Entertainment Team of the Year
- Managing Intellectual Property Global Awards (2010)
- Shortlisted in the pan-European category "New Media/Internet"
- The International Who's Who of Regulatory Communications Lawyers (2013)
- Three attorneys recognized
- The International Who's Who of Internet & e-Commerce Lawyers for Internet & e-Commerce (2011-2013)