- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2010
- magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Georgetown Law Journal, Notes Editor
- Duquesne University, B.S., 2007
Patrick Manchester is a member of the firm’s corporate practice group and is resident in our New York office. His practice primarily covers mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and general corporate matters. He also has experience working on securities offerings and financing transactions.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. in its $2.6 billion acquisition of Santarus, Inc.
- Omthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its acquisition by AstraZeneca for $323 million in upfront consideration and up to $120 million in contingent consideration.
- IMS Consulting Group Limited (a UK-based company) in its acquisition of HedgeOp Compliance LLC (a US-based company) for a combination of cash and debt.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company in its acquisition of Amira Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for $325 million in upfront consideration and up to $150 million in contingent consideration.
- Forest Laboratories, Inc. in its $1.2 billion acquisition of Clinical Data, Inc.
- King Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its $3.6 billion acquisition by Pfizer, Inc.
Private Equity Transactions
- US-based private equity funds in their leveraged buyout of a family of Canadian mortgage servicing and origination companies.
- Resource Capital Corp. in the restructuring of its investment in Leaf Commercial Capital, Inc. (LEAF), undertaken in connection with a $50 million growth equity investment in LEAF by Eos Partners, L.P. and its affiliates.
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisitions of ITS Solutions and NetStar.
- Charlesbank Capital Partners in its acquisition of Peacock Engineering Company, LLC.
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company in its $700 million offering of senior notes due 2022.
- A leading bank and trust company as indenture trustee in connection with various debt offerings.
- Private equity funds managed by Neuberger Berman in connection with a subscription credit facility.
- Mercatus Center, George Mason University, Research Associate (2007)
Memberships and Affiliations
- New York City Bar, Member
Publications and Speeches
- "Be Kind to Your Foreign Investor Friends," 98 Georgetown Law Journal 1823 (2010), Author