Paul Adamson, a non-lawyer, is a senior European public policy advisor. A noted entrepreneur, Mr. Adamson’s career spans public policy and publishing. His deep knowledge of political affairs in Europe is of great value to our Government Affairs team as they help clients navigate legislative and political opportunities and challenges in and outside of Europe. He is widely regarded and respected as a pioneer for his successful advocacy.
In a career spanning more than 30 years, Mr. Adamson has advised clients in a wide range of industries as well as many important public sector organizations. He specializes in thought leadership, developing strategies to position clients as key stakeholders and partners in public policy formation and helping clients ensure their views are heard and understood in the EU political process.
After two years as a political aide in the European Parliament, in 1981 he embarked on a career in EU public affairs and founded Adamson Associates, where he advised clients on legislation and policy matters in the European Union. In 1998, Mr. Adamson sold his firm to consultancy giant BSMG, which three years later was acquired by the world's largest PR company, Weber Shandwick. Weber Shandwick/ Adamson then became Brussels' biggest lobbying firm. He then founded the “think-do tank,” The Centre, a consultancy and policy forum that was sold to PR firm Edelman in 2010.
Mr. Adamson is a member of Rand Europe’s Council of Advisors and on the advisory boards of the polling/think tank YouGov-Cambridge and the Washington European Society. He is a trustee of the Citizenship Foundation, a patron of the University Association of Contemporary European Studies (UACES) and an academician of the UK Academy of Social Sciences. Mr. Adamson is also the editor-in-chief and founding publisher of E!Sharp, an on-line magazine on Europe and Europe’s place in the world. He is also on the advisory group of the American Security Project.
Honors and Rankings
- Chambers Global, International Trade/WTO (2014)
- In the Queen’s New Year’s Honours 2012, he was awarded the Order of the British Empire (OBE) “for services to promoting understanding of the European Union.”
Memberships and Affiliations
- Visiting Professor at the Policy Institute at King's College London
- Chairman of Forum Global
- Advisory board member of British Influence
- Advisory board member of the American Security Project
- Trustee of the Citizenship Foundation.
- Patron of the University Association of Contemporary European Studies (UACES).
- Member of Rand Europe’s Council of Advisors.
- Advisory board member of the Washington European Society.
- Advisory board member of the polling/think tank YouGov-Cambridge.
- Academician of the UK Academy of Social Sciences.
Publications and Speeches