Nicholas L. Simon is a corporate associate in the firm’s Washington, DC office. His practice focuses on financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and securities regulation for clients in the sports, life sciences and media industries. Mr. Simon advises borrowers and lenders in a variety of financing transactions, including syndicated credit agreements and acquisition financings, acquirors and sellers in public and private M&A transactions and issuers in capital markets transactions.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals in its $2.6 billion acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Santarus, Inc. and in the negotiation of its $1.2 billion senior secured term loan facility and $150 million senior secured revolving credit facility.
- The National Football League in connection with various league, team and stadium financings and ownership transactions, including its G-4 stadium funding program.
- A US-based civil engineering site solutions company in its cross-border acquisition of a Canada-based clean technology company.
- A private equity fund in a series of related acquisitions of technology companies.
- Public companies on Exchange Act periodic reporting, proxy statements, shareholder proposals, no-action requests, and securities compliance matters.
- Advised micro-lending non-profit on compliance with the Securities Act.
- Assisted local non-profit in obtaining tax-exempt status.
- Drafted corporate organizational and governing documents for non-profit organizations and advised on corporate structure and corporate governance issues.