Nicholas Simon is a corporate associate in the firm’s Washington, DC office. His practice covers a broad range of transactional matters, including financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, and complex commercial agreements for publicly and privately held companies, banks and private equity clients, with an emphasis on the sports, financial institutions, and life sciences industries. Mr. Simon also advises public corporations and boards of directors on issues related to compliance with the federal securities laws, corporate governance “best practices” and other corporate law matters.
Mr. Simon’s experience includes advising borrowers and lenders in a variety of transactions, such as syndicated secured and unsecured credit agreements and acquisition financings, public and private companies and private equity funds in M&A transactions and strategic investments, and issuers in capital markets transactions.
- Aristocrat Leisure Limited in its $1.28 billion acquisition of Video Gaming Technologies.
- Avnet Inc. in its $1.25 billion senior unsecured revolving credit facility.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals in its $2.6 billion acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Santarus, Inc. and its acquisition financing of a $1.2 billion senior secured term loan facility and a $150 million senior secured revolving credit facility.
- The National Football League in connection with various league, team and stadium financings and ownership transactions, including its G-4 stadium funding program.
- A lender in its secured loan to the holding company of a professional sports team.
- A bank holding company in a private placement of subordinated notes.
- A US-based civil engineering site solutions company in its cross-border acquisition of a Canada-based clean technology company.
- A private equity fund in a series of related acquisitions of technology companies.
- Public companies on Exchange Act periodic reporting, proxy statements, shareholder proposals, no-action requests, and securities compliance matters.
Advised micro-lending non-profit on compliance with federal securities law.
- Assisted local non-profit in obtaining tax-exempt status.
- Drafted corporate organizational and governing documents for non-profit organizations and advised on corporate structure and corporate governance issues.