Maureen Japha is a litigator in the firm’s Washington, DC office focusing on intellectual property litigation. Ms. Japha has broad experience representing clients before federal district courts from case inception through trial. Ms. Japha is also active in the firm’s e-discovery group. She has advised clients on a variety of electronic discovery issues and has presented on this topic in a number of different forums.
- Representation of a major pharmaceutical company in an ANDA case brought against a generic drug company concerning an oral formulation used to treat Crohn's disease.
- Representation of Fougera Pharmaceuticals in the District of New Jersey in an ANDA case brought against Tolmar concerning Fougera’s Solaraze® product, which is indicated for the treatment of actinic keratosis.
- Successfully represented AK Steel against allegations of patent infringement in the District of Delaware.
- Representing Union Pacific Railroad Company in litigation concerning claims relating to rates for transporting coal.
- Represented caregivers and kin seeking adoption, guardianship, or custody of DC children in the abuse and neglect system during a six-month rotation at the Children's Law Center, DC’s largest non-profit legal services provider.
- Represented two female soldiers in pending challenge to the exclusion of women soldiers from combat assignments in the United States Army.
- Representation of individual plaintiff in child custody matter in Superior Court in the District of Columbia.
- Assisting early-stage non-profit organization with incorporation.
Memberships and Affiliations
Publications and Speeches
- "Cross Border E-Discovery," Women in E-Discovery Seminar (4/9/2014)
- "APAC E-discovery Best Practices," Women in E-Discovery (5/8/2012)
- "Amplify Your Review with Automation," Kroll Ontrack Webinar (4/20/2011)