Megan Hansen is an associate in the firm’s Washington, DC office, where she is a member of the firm’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice group. Her practice focuses on all aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation, including compliance with the Internal Revenue Code and ERISA.
- Advised Fortune 100 companies of possible implications to qualified and non-qualified plans resulting from changes to the Internal Revenue Code and ERISA.
- Assisted employer sponsor drafting changes to trust agreements.
- Advised employer sponsor regarding Employee Stock Purchase Program requirements.
- Advised employer sponsor in responding to an employee’s claim for additional benefits.
- Representation of equity holders in a contested bankruptcy plan confirmation.
Honors and Rankings
- American Bankruptcy Law Journal Prize (2008)
- Assisted low-income seniors with complications arising from Medicare Part D.
Memberships and Affiliations
- The George Washington University Law School, Adjunct Professor of Law
Publications and Speeches
- "Finders Keepers: Adverse Possession of Cultural Property," Note, George Washington International Law Review 41.1 (May 2010), Author