Louise Nash is a partner in Covington's London office.
Ms. Nash has a wide ranging corporate practice including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and collaborations and private equity (including venture capital). Her practice is international, with virtually all transactions upon which she advises having a cross-border dimension. As such, she has extensive experience of dealing with the challenges presented by complex cross-border projects. She has particular experience in the branded goods, life science and technology sectors and in advising on deals with a significant intellectual property element.
- Giorgio Armani S.p.A. on numerous international transactions including:
- a collaboration with a listed Dubai property company for the development of a worldwide chain of Armani hotels and resorts;
- a joint venture with an Indian property consortium for the import, sale and distribution of Armani branded goods in India;
- the re-purchase of a 50% equity stake in the A/X Armani Exchange brand and the related global licensing and retail arrangements; and
- on the acquisition of its retail and wholesale business in the United Kingdom from long-term retail partner Club 21.
- Centocor OrthoBiotech, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, in its acquisition of a UK Biotech, Respivert Limited.
- Chiquita Brands International on the re-organisation of its joint venture and fruit supply arrangements in Asia and the Middle East.
- SR One, the corporate investment arm of GlaxoSmithKline, in various European investments including:
- a Series C investment in Swiss company, Addex Pharmaceuticals Limited;
- a Series A investment in UK-based Bicycle Therapeutics Limited; and
- a Series B and follow-on investments in Syntaxin Limited.
- Solarcentury Holdings Limited in various investment rounds including its Series B and Series C fundraisings.
Honors and Rankings
- WTR1000, Transactions (2015)
- Euromoney Legal Media Group, shortlisted for Europe Women in Business Law Awards for M&A (2014)
- The Lawyer Hot 100 (2014)
- Chambers UK, Private Equity, Venture Capital Investment (2009-2015)
- Legal 500 UK, Media and Entertainment (2008-2014)
- Legal 500 UK, Venture Capital (2008-2014)
- Legal 500 UK, Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology (2009)
- Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom, Venture Capital Law (2014)
- Super Lawyers - London, Corporate Finance (2013)
- The Practical Law Company (PLC) Which Lawyer? England - Venture Capital (2008-2012)
Publications and Speeches