Lisa Koff is of counsel in the firm’s New York office and a member of the firm’s Funds and Private Equity practices. Her practice focuses on advising private equity fund clients on a global basis in matters relating to fund formation, operations and regulatory compliance, secondary market transactions, co-investments, portfolio investment activities and LP investing. She also regularly advises institutions, investment professionals and joint venture parties on the economic, governance and other issues associated with the formation, structuring and day-to-day operations of private equity firms, fund general partner entities and fund advisory companies.
Ms. Koff also has considerable experience representing clients in transactional matters, including joint ventures, public and private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, as well as counseling clients on general corporate matters.
- Representation of Brysam Global Partners in connection with its formation of a $1 billion fund focused on investments in financial services and consumer financial services companies.
- Representation of Enhanced Equity Fund in connection with its formation of a $350 million fund focused on lower-middle market investments in healthcare services companies.
- Representation of non-U.S. investment fund as joint venture partner in connection with the formation of a $400 million fund focused on industrial real estate investments in Brazil.
- Representation of non-U.S. investment fund as investor in connection with the formation of a $600 million separate account partnership and the acquisition of a portfolio of existing private equity fund interests from an institutional investor.
- Representation of Pantheon Ventures, a fund of funds, in connection with its formation of separate account vehicles for institutional investors.
- Representation of hedge fund investment professionals in connection with the negotiation of their economic arrangements with the fund founders.
- Representation of financial institution in structuring and administering single carried interest plan for over 140 worldwide professionals.
- Representation of a private equity fund in connection with its multi-jurisdictional restructuring of a Latin American investment.
- Representation of Brysam Global Partners in connection with its acquisition of a minority equity interest in BCSC, S.A., a consumer finance company in Colombia.
- Representation of Brysam Global Partners in connection with its sale of a Mexican consumer finance company to a Mexican financial institution.
- Synaptic Pharmaceutical Corporation, Vice President and General Counsel (1994-2000). Ms. Koff spent six years between private law firm practice as a vice president and in-house general counsel for a venture-backed biotechnology company. While there, she was responsible for all of the company’s transactional work, including several private placement financings, the company’s initial and subsequent public offerings, technology transfers and research collaborations, as well as securities compliance, intellectual property estate management, and employment matters.
Honors and Rankings
- Legal 500 US, Investment Fund Formation & Management - Private Equity Funds (2013)
- Representation of national of Burkina Faso in connection with her application for asylum in the United States.
Publications and Speeches