John Wileur represents clients in complex cases covering the whole range of EU and Belgian Competition law, including abuse of dominance cases, mergers, cartel investigations, and distribution cases. Mr. Wileur has particular expertise in advising companies on the interface between competition and intellectual property and the application of competition law in network industries.
Mr. Wileur has represented leading corporations across a wide range of industries, including telecommunications, Internet, energy, postal and transport.
Mr. Wileur is a also a lecturer at the University of Liège law school in Belgium.
- Representing various high tech companies on issues regarding standard-setting and the FRAND regime.
- Representing bpost in relation to State aid investigation by the European Commission.
- Successfully represented Microsoft in relation to its acquisition of Skype.
- Representing Slovak Telekom in the European Commission’s investigation of their pricing practices on the Slovak broadband market.
- Representing Czech electricity generator ČEZ in an investigation by the European Commission into alleged abuse of dominance on the Czech electricity generation and wholesale market.
Memberships and Affiliations
- University of Liège Law School (Belgium), Maître de Conférences
Publications and Speeches
- "Boetes: berekening and management / Amendes : calcul et gestion du risque," TBM/RCB (2012/4), Co-Author