Jess Sutton is an associate in the firm’s Washington office. She is a member of the Litigation, Insurance Coverage – Policyholders, and White Collar Defense and Investigations practice groups.
- Represents a corporate policyholder in a contingent business income insurance coverage action.
- Advises clients on matters regarding directors and officers insurance.
- Represents a pharmaceutical company in an investigation by the Department of Justice into sales and marketing activities involving off-label promotion and compliance with the anti-kickback statute.
- Advises clients on a variety of e-discovery issues, including litigation holds and document retention policies.
- Successfully represented a municipality to obtain coverage for extensive property damage.
- Represents plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit seeking to reform Washington D.C.’s juvenile justice system.
- Represents students and parents challenging disciplinary policies at a public charter school.
Publications and Speeches
- "E-Discovery," Litigating Securities Class Actions (November 2012), Co-Author
- "Proactively Protecting Privilege: Using Claw-Back Agreements to Ease Discovery Burdens," EDDE Journal (Winter 2012), Co-Author