Jessica Milner is an associate in the New York office. In her practice, she evaluates intellectual property issues and provides advice to entrepreneurs, investors, and emerging and established companies on the development and commercialization of technologies in a wide range of industries. She regularly conducts due diligence assessments and advises on the intellectual property aspects of mergers, acquisitions, corporate financings and other business transactions. Ms. Milner also maintains a commitment to public service and to strengthening New York City as a center of entrepreneurship.
Ms. Milner is a patent attorney registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Illumina, Inc. in its acquisition of Verinata Health, Inc. for cash consideration of $350 million plus up to $100 million in milestone payments through 2015.
- Thomson Reuters Corporation in the divestiture of its Healthcare business to affiliates of Veritas Capital for $1.25 billion in cash.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company in its all-cash acquisition of Amira Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for $325 million upfront and potential additional milestone payments totaling $150 million.
- National Geographic Society in the sale of its Hampton Brown school publishing business to Cengage Learning, Inc.
- An emerging biotechnology company in private placements of over $27 million in senior convertible notes and warrants and in a $22 million Series A preferred stock financing.
- Haynes & Co., an emerging growth company, in developing its customer, consultant, and confidentiality agreements.
- Various pharmaceutical companies on the listing of patents in the Food and Drug Administration's “Orange Book” and in complying with the requirements of the Bayh-Dole Act.
- Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, Student Attorney (2004-2006)
Honors and Rankings
- New York Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property "Rising Star" (2013)
- Act as pro bono counsel for Coalition for Queens, a not-for-profit corporation fostering a tech entrepreneurial ecosystem in the borough of Queens in New York City through education, advocacy, and partnerships.
- Drafted database system intellectual property assignment and license agreement for a non-profit corporation dedicated to the support and guidance of aging-in-place initiatives.
- Empire State Counsel Honoree, New York State Bar Association (2008-2012)
Publications and Speeches
- Ms. Milner was the first author and presenter of research posters at annual meetings of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Society of Clinical Oncology. She also is the second author of an article published in the Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics.