- Yale Law School, J.D., 2006
- Yale Journal on Regulation, Executive Editor
- Stanford University, M.A., 2003
- Stanford University, B.A., 2003
- with distinction
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Hon. Paul V. Niemeyer, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2006-2007
- District of Columbia
Jeffrey Davidson is a partner in the firm’s San Francisco office, maintaining a complex litigation practice focused on high-stakes policyholder-side insurance coverage matters. He has successfully represented a wide range of clients in major insurance recovery, antitrust, and intellectual property disputes. His insurance recovery practice has addressed an array of underlying losses from third-party breach of fiduciary duty, asbestos, bodily injury, and environmental claims, as well as first-party property damage, business interruption, and crime loss, and has involved insurance policies including errors and omissions, property, directors and officers, CGL, and fidelity policies.
- Representing managed care provider in $100 million insurance recovery action under errors and omissions policies. Successfully obtained reversal on appeal of adverse trial court ruling.
- Representing national sports league in seeking recovery for expenses incurred in underlying multi-district tort litigation.
- Represented mining company on open pit mining first-party property and business interruption loss in Indonesia, resulting in a favorable settlement with reinsurers.
- Successfully represented policyholder in obtaining insurance recovery for hundreds of millions in asbestos claims.
- Successfully represented policyholder in recovering insurance for loss arising out of large rail accident.
- Represented multiple policyholders in claims, litigation, and settlement in UK solvent schemes of arrangement.
- Representing a leading electronics manufacturer in a consolidated set of antitrust and deceptive practices class actions involving liquid crystal displays used in televisions, monitors, and other products. Obtained summary judgment for defendants and dismissal of $3.5 billion in damages claims, in a decision affirmed on appeal.
Honors and Rankings
- Named 2012, 2013, and 2014 “Rising Star” by Northern California Super Lawyers.
- First-chaired trial defense of accused individual client, obtaining judgment of acquittal.
- Represented current and former inmates in an appeal to the Third Circuit in a civil matter involving exposure to silica in the prison workplace.
Publications and Speeches
- Authored chapters on fidelity and cyber-security insurance for Lexis Practice Advisor series.