Jeffrey Davidson litigates complex cases, focusing on high-stakes antitrust and insurance coverage matters. He has obtained notable successes for his clients. In a recent matter, he obtained a ruling eliminating a $3.5 billion antitrust claim shortly before trial. In another recent matter, he obtained reversal on appeal of an adverse trial ruling, after replacing prior counsel, in a case worth hundreds of millions. He was one of five U.S. lawyers recognized by Law360 as “Top Attorneys Under 40” in the field of competition law.
In insurance coverage, Mr. Davidson exclusively represents policyholders, and has been involved in matters cumulatively resulting in the recovery of hundreds of millions for losses from third-party breach of fiduciary duty, asbestos, bodily injury, and environmental claims, as well as first-party property damage, business interruption, and crime.
- Representing a leading electronics manufacturer in a consolidated set of antitrust and deceptive practices class actions involving liquid crystal displays used in televisions, monitors, and other products. Obtained summary judgment for defendants and dismissal of $3.5 billion in damages claims, in a decision affirmed on appeal.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in patent litigation, obtaining reversal on appeal of adverse trial verdict after replacing prior counsel.
- Representing international airline in defending class-action antitrust litigation. Obtained rare interlocutory appeal regarding filed rate doctrine.
- Representing managed care provider in $100 million insurance recovery action under errors and omissions policies. Successfully obtained reversal on appeal of adverse trial court ruling.
- Represented national sports league in seeking recovery for expenses incurred in underlying multi-district tort litigation.
- Represented mining company on open pit mining first-party property and business interruption loss in Indonesia, resulting in a favorable settlement with reinsurers.
- Successfully represented policyholder in obtaining insurance recovery for hundreds of millions in asbestos claims.
Honors and Rankings
- Named “Top Attorney Under 40” in Competition Law by Law 360.
- Named 2012, 2013, and 2014 “Rising Star” by Northern California Super Lawyers.
- First-chaired trial defense of accused individual client, obtaining judgment of acquittal.
- Represented current and former inmates in an appeal to the Third Circuit in a civil matter involving exposure to silica in the prison workplace.
- Representing inmate in federal civil rights litigation to redress brutality by prison guards.
Publications and Speeches
- Authored chapters on fidelity and cyber-security insurance for Lexis Practice Advisor series.