- William & Mary School of Law, J.D., 2012
- magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- William & Mary Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
- Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, A.B., 2005
- Hon. Rebecca Beach Smith, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2012-2013
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
Jeff Bozman practices with the Government Contracts and Public Policy & Government Affairs groups in the Washington, DC office. His Government Contracts experience includes bid protests, False Claims Act defense, and challenges to suspension and debarment. Mr. Bozman frequently draws on his experience as a Marine Corps officer to advise defense and aerospace companies who do business with the Department of Defense.
Mr. Bozman has also practiced with the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation group. Mr. Bozman focused on retirement and pension plan design, and advised several clients on the benefits and compensation consequences of mergers, acquisitions, asset sales, and other corporate transactions.
Mr. Bozman maintains an active pro bono practice focused on veterans law and military personnel issues.
- Successfully represented a large government contractor in proceedings before a military department Suspending and Debarring Official, resulting in a determination of present responsibility.
- Advised Steve Ballmer on employment, pension, and other benefits matters in his acquisition of the Los Angeles Clippers NBA franchise from the Sterling Family Trust for a record sales price of $2 billion.
- Successfully defended a $98 million contract for operations and maintenance services against a protest filed with the Government Accountability Office.
- Conducted two internal investigations: one relating to the selection of a health care vendor; and one involving accusations of contractor misconduct and improper spending from employee benefits trusts.
- Provided employee benefits and executive compensation advice to a pharmaceutical manufacturer in its $2.6 billion acquisition of a specialty biopharmaceutical company.
- Amended savings, retirement and welfare plans of a Fortune 500 company to support integration of new employees following a major acquisition.
- U.S. Marine Corps, Officer (2005-2009)
Honors and Rankings
- Order of the Coif
- Editor-in-Chief, William & Mary Law Review, Volume 53
- Thatcher Prize for Excellence in Graduate and Professional Study, 2012
- Lawrence W. I’Anson Award, 2012 (highest award given to a graduating student by the Law School faculty)
- Advised senior officials of a state with a constitutional prohibition on same-sex marriage about options for providing benefits to same-sex partners of state employees.
- Successfully represented a U.S. Army veteran in obtaining entitlement to Combat-Related Special Compensation.
Publications and Speeches