- William & Mary School of Law, J.D., 2012
- magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- William & Mary Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
- Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, A.B., 2005
- Hon. Rebecca Beach Smith, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2012-2013
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
Jeff Bozman practices with the Government Contracts and Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation groups in the Washington, DC office. His Government Contracts experience includes bid protests and compliance advisory matters. His Employee Benefits work focuses on pension, retirement and welfare plan design, including compliance with ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code and associated regulations. Mr. Bozman also advises clients on benefits and compensation consequences of mergers, acquisitions, asset sales and other corporate transactions.
Mr. Bozman maintains an active pro bono practice focused on veterans law and military personnel issues.
- Advised Steve Ballmer on employment, pension, and other benefits matters in his acquisition of the Los Angeles Clippers NBA franchise from the Sterling Family Trust for a record sales price of $2 billion.
- Successfully defended a $98 million contract for operations and maintenance services against a protest filed with the Government Accountability Office.
- Conducted two internal investigations: one relating to the selection of a health care vendor; and one involving accusations of contractor misconduct and improper spending from employee benefits trusts.
- Provided employee benefits and executive compensation advice to a pharmaceutical manufacturer in its $2.6 billion acquisition of a specialty biopharmaceutical company.
- Amended savings, retirement and welfare plans of a Fortune 500 company to support integration of new employees following a major acquisition.
- U.S. Marine Corps, Officer (2005-2009)
Honors and Rankings
- Order of the Coif
- Editor-in-Chief, William & Mary Law Review, Volume 53
- Thatcher Prize for Excellence in Graduate and Professional Study, 2012
- Lawrence W. I’Anson Award, 2012 (highest award given to a graduating student by the Law School faculty)
- Successfully represented a U.S. Army veteran in obtaining entitlement to Combat-Related Special Compensation.
Publications and Speeches
- "Supreme Court Confirms Plan Sponsor’s Right to Set Deadline for Filing Lawsuits," InsideCompensation Blog (12/20/2013), Co-Author
- "Remarks, Inaugural Veterans Legal Services Month," Virginia Bar Association (November 2010)
- "Remarks, Dedication of the Lewis B. Puller, Jr., Veterans Benefits Clinic," William & Mary Law School (November 2010)