Clients say: "We need our lawyers to understand everything about the pharmaceutical industry, which is why we go to Covington. They excel in regulatory and commercial work - they’re the best."
— Chambers Global (2011)
Our work for the life sciences industry is not limited to complex transactions. We handle a wide array of industry-specific commercial arrangements for life sciences clients in the United States, Europe and Asia, including:
- Evaluation and option agreements;
- Agreements with clinical research organizations;
- Clinical trial agreements;
- Regulatory and professional services agreements;
- Feasibility and other agreements with respect to research and development;
- Manufacture and supply agreements for finished products and their intermediates;
- Distribution agreements;
- Co-promotion and detailing agreements;
- Contract sales organization agreements;
- Authorized generic agreements; and
- Securing product and technology rights from public and private research and academic institutions in the US, Europe and Asia.
We also assist clients developing their standard forms for commercial transactions and are able to provide best practices benchmarking advice.