Energy and natural resources issues present tremendous global challenges and opportunities. Covington lawyers and policy advisors bring to bear an unmatched array of expertise and long experience in these critically important, interdependent and rapidly transforming industries.
Our energy and natural resources clients span the entire spectrum of industry participants including the largest multinational and state-owned oil and gas companies, pipeline and transport companies, electric utilities and independent power producers, mining and mining equipment firms, nuclear developers, a full range of solar, wind and other renewable energy companies, and companies with leading edge technologies in biofuels and clean transportation, energy efficiency, demand management and smart grid, and resource management. We also advise venture capital firms, private equity firms, investment banks and commercial banks that provide investment capital to these businesses as well as leading trade associations for many of these industry segments.
We operate seamlessly across all of our offices to deliver coordinated advice and representation in regulatory and legislative matters, litigation, and transactional work that maximizes value for our broad range of clients.
For information regarding our diverse experience across the energy and natural resources spectrum please refer to the links below.
- Law360 Names Covington as an Energy Group of the Year (2013)
- U.S. News - Best Law Firms, Energy Law, Tier 1 (2014)
- The Best Lawyers in America (2013)
- Energy: William Massey, and Richard Meserve
- Chambers Global (2013)
- Energy - Electricity - Regulatory & Litigation (USA): William Massey
- Energy - Nuclear - Regulatory & Litigation (USA): Richard Meserve
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers (2012)
- Climate Change (Nationwide): Rubén Kraiem
- Corporate/M&A and Private Equity (DC): Andrew Jack
- Energy/Electricity (Nationwide): William Massey
- Energy/Nuclear (Nationwide): Richard Meserve
- Energy/Oil & Gas (Nationwide): William Massey
- Law360 - Most Valuable Players
- Energy: Steven Rosenbaum (2012)
- Legal 500 EMEA (2013)
- Belgium, EU Regulatory, Energy - Tier 1 ranking
- Legal 500 US (2012)
- Energy: Litigation - Tier 1 ranking
- Energy: Litigation - Recommended Lawyers: TL Cubbage, Steven Rosenbaum, and William Massey
- Energy: Regulatory
- Energy: Regulatory - Recommended Lawyers: William Massey
- Legal 500 US (2011)
- Energy: Litigation
- Energy: Litigation - Recommended Lawyers: William Massey, Andrew Jack, Williams Collins, and Steve Rosenbaum
- Legal 500 US (2010)
- Energy: Litigation
- Energy: Litigation - Recommended Lawyers: William Massey, and Eugene Gulland