Hilary Prescott is a partner in the firm’s London office with broad experience gained over more than 20 years in the corporate and commercial field. Ms. Prescott has a particular focus on real estate transactions involving the acquisition, disposal, management, leasing and construction of office buildings, retail space, and manufacturing facilities. She regularly advises clients on stand alone real estate matters and on real estate issues in the context of M&A and other corporate transactions. Ms. Prescott’s experience as a corporate lawyer (having worked on countless cross border mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, international joint ventures and strategic alliances and corporate restructurings over the years) enhances her ability to provide commercially orientated real estate advice in the context of significant corporate transactions. Ms. Prescott also has extensive experience in private equity and other investment funds. Her work in the investment sector includes advising clients on fund formation, primary investments, secondary transactions, co investments and the regulation of the investment industry. Ms. Prescott serves as primary outside counsel for a number of US corporations that have entered the European market, and is a member of the firm’s Africa Initiative.
Commercial & Real Estate
- Representing an American weekly news magazine in its disposal of its office space in London.
- Representing an American sports league in connection with its licence of a UK stadium for its annual series of games since 2007.
- Advising Giorgio Armani Group in the real estate aspects of the acquisition of its retail and wholesale business from long-term retail partner Club 21.
- Advising an American global semiconductor company in all of its real estate matters in the UK.
- Advising a UK theatre company and its subsidiaries in connection with the property aspects of a group reorganisation which included an intra-group transfer of two freehold properties and the grant of security over these two theatres to a national bank.
- Representing a Middle Eastern family office in connection with the establishment of a Special Purpose Vehicle to acquire real estate in the UK and Spain.
- Advising an American manufacturer in its lease of two units on an industrial park for purposes of a research and testing facility, including the environmental and planning issues related to the proposed use.
Honors and Rankings
- Euromoney Legal Media Group, Europe Women in Business Law Awards for Investment Funds (2013); shortlisted for Investment Funds (2012) and Real Estate (2014)
- Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law, Leading Practitioner in Investment Funds (2012-2013)
- Legal 500 UK, Sport (2013)
- Representing a number of charities, including AMREF UK, TheatreMAD and Privacy International, on a pro bono basis in connection with their lease of office space.
Publications and Speeches