Hilary Prescott is a partner in the firm’s London office with a broad range of corporate and advisory experience. Her practice focuses on financial services regulation (in particular securities and financial services regulatory issues in relation to the investment industry) and private equity and other investment funds, including fund formation, primary investment, secondary transactions and co investments. Ms. Prescott has over 20 years of experience in the corporate and commercial field. In addition to her work involving the investment industry, Ms. Prescott has advised on numerous cross border mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, international joint ventures and other strategic alliances and corporate restructurings. She also serves as primary outside counsel for a number of US corporations that have entered the European market.
- Advised on draft EU legislation regulating alternative investment fund managers and OTC derivatives.
- Advised on the application of the Payment Services Directive to various client activities.
- Represented the sponsor of several Guernsey domiciled funds and their subsequent listing on the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Represented a fund of funds on the acquisition of a significant portfolio of secondary interests.
- Represented a fund of funds and a family office on their investment in a co investment fund established to finance a $645 million acquisition of two business divisions from a US based conglomerate.
- Represented a fund of funds and a Canadian pension fund on a primary investment in a UK based fund.
Honors and Rankings
- Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law, Leading Practitioner in Investment Funds (2012); shortlisted for Investment Funds (2013)
- Euromoney Legal Media Group, shortlisted for Europe Women in Business Law Awards for Investment Funds (2012)
Publications and Speeches