Honors & Rankings
Honors & Rankings: Firm Honors
The American Lawyer "The A-List" (2008-2012)
- Ranked in this listing of twenty elite US law firms based on financial performance, pro bono activity, associate satisfaction, and diversity.
The American Lawyer - Litigation Department of the Year "Finalist" (2008, 2014)
The American Lawyer - Litigation Department of the Year "Honorable Mention" (2010)
Chambers USA - Award for Excellence in Insurance (2009-2010; 2012)
- Selected to receive national award for insurance practice group.
Chambers USA - Award for Excellence in International Trade (2011)
- Selected to receive national award for international trade practice group.
Corporate Board Member - America's Best Corporate Law Firms
- Ranked in the top 25 firms nationally by general counsel (2007-2013)
- Ranked in the top 25 firms nationally by corporate directors (2006-2011, 2013)
Global Arbitration Review "GAR 30" (2011, 2013)
- Ranked among the world's top 30 international arbitration practices.
Global Competition Review "GCR 100 Global Elite" (2012-2013)
- Ranked among the world's top 20 antitrust practices.
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation "Corporate Equality Index Survey" (2009-2014)
- Ranked 100% on this survey that provides an in-depth analysis and rating of large US employers and their policies and practices pertinent to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees, consumers and investors.
India Business Law Journal - Top Foreign Firms for India Work (2009-2012)
Intellectual Property Magazine - Sports, Media & Entertainment Team of the Year (2010)
Law360 - Practice Groups of the Year
- Competition (2013)
- Employment (2010)
- Energy (2013)
- Health (2011-2012)
- Insurance (2010)
- Life Sciences (2012-2013)
- Media & Entertainment (2012)
- Privacy & Consumer Protection (2011-2012)
- White Collar (2011)
Law360 - Pro Bono Firm (2010; 2012)
The Lawyer - Top 30 International Firms (2009-2013)
Managing Intellectual Property - ITC Litigation Firm of the Year (2010; 2014)
- North American Award in IP litigation
Minority Corporate Counsel Association - Thomas L. Sager Award (2011)
- Honored for demonstrated and sustained commitment to improve the hiring, retention and promotion of minority and women attorneys.
The National Law Journal - Washington Litigation Department of the Year (2013)
- Recognized as the top firm in the white collar defense category.
The National Law Journal - Appellate Hot List (2008-2009; 2011-2013)
- Named to this list of law firms with the top appellate practices in the country.
The National Law Journal - Intellectual Property Hot List (2012)
- Named to this list of law firms with the top intellectual property practices in the country.
The National Law Journal - Pro Bono Hot List (2013-2014)
- Named to this list of law firms that demonstrate a strong commitment to public service.
The Practical Law Company (PLC) - Insurance and Reinsurance, The Law and Leading Lawyers Worldwide (2010)
- Leading: Policyholder-led practice, USA
- Recommended: Insurance: non-contentious, UK
The Practical Law Company (PLC) - Life Sciences, Which Law Firm? (2011)
- Leading: Commercial and Partnering firm, USA
- Leading: Competition/Antitrust firm, EU
- Leading: Government Enforcement and Investigations firm, USA
- Leading: Regulatory firm, Belgium, England, EU, and USA
- Highly Recommended: Commercial and Partnering firm, England
- Highly Recommended: Product Liability firm, England and USA
- Highly Recommended: Regulatory (Medical Devices) firm, USA
- Recommended: Corporate firm, England and USA
- Recommended: Patent Litigation firm, USA
PLC Cross-border Super League
Ranked 1st in the Life Sciences Regulatory Super League (2004-2011)
Ranked 1st in the Life Sciences Industry Super League (2005-2010)
U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Law Firm of the Year”
- Corporate Compliance Law (2012; 2014)
- FDA Law (2011-2012)
- Sports Law (2014)
U.S. News-Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms, Tier One" (2014)
- Antitrust Law
- Appellate Practice
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Biotechnology Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Communications Law
- Copyright Law
- Corporate Law
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Energy Law
- FDA Law
- Financial Services Regulation Law
- Health Care Law
- Information Technology Law
- Insurance Law
- International Arbitration - Commercial
- International Arbitration - Governmental
- International Trade and Finance Law
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Banking & Finance
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - ERISA
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Patent
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Patent Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Securities Regulation
- Sports Law
- Technology Law
- Trademark Law
- Transportation Law
Vault UK Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms (2012)
- Recognized in 9 quality of life rankings.
Vault US Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms (2013)
- Ranked 11th by associates for prestige nationally.
Washingtonian "Great Places to Work" (2009)
- Recognized as one of the "great places to work" in the DC area.
Working Mother "100 Best Companies" (2006-2012)
- Ranked as one of the top companies nationally for working mothers based on a survey of all areas of work life, including company culture, family-friendly policies, and compensation.
Working Mother "Best Law Firms for Women" (2007-2009; 2011-2012)
- Ranked as one of the best law firms for women nationally based on a survey measuring work/life and women-friendly policies, including flex-time, child care and women-focused mentoring, and leadership and networking programs.
World Trademark Review "WTR 1000" (2014)
- Ranked as a leading trademark firm" in "Enforcement and Litigation" and "Prosecution and Strategy."