- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2001
- highest honors
- Order of the Coif
- George Washington University Law Review, Senior Articles Editor
- Bryn Mawr College, M.A., 1996
- Hamilton College, B.A., 1994
- Hon. Jan E. DuBois, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2001-2002
- District of Columbia
- New York
- New Jersey
Heather Haberl represents local, regional, and national owners, developers, property managers, tax-exempt organizations, and other users in all aspects of real estate transactions involving the acquisition, disposition, financing, management, leasing and construction of office buildings, industrial parks, manufacturing facilities, special use facilities, and residential projects. Ms. Haberl has also advised clients in the acquisition and financing of fractional interests in aircraft.
- Advised Chemtrade in the real estate aspects of its $860 million acquisition of General Chemical Corp., which included more than 40 chemical manufacturing facilities nationwide. The work involved negotiating extensive easement agreements, land transfers and access rights, and financing, including mortgaging more than 20 of the newly acquired sites. The cleared title matters improved the marketability of title.
- Provide leasing advice in the Washington, DC and northern Virginia metropolitan area and nationally for commercial office and industrial landlords and tenants, including RREEF Management, American Council of Life Insurers, TouchTunes Music Corporation, and other nationally known companies and tax-exempt organizations.
- Represented Pepco Holdings, Inc. in the $1.7 billion sale of its Conectiv Energy power generation subsidiary to Calpine Corporation.
- Advise Ourisman Automotive Group in its acquisition and disposition of various dealership properties on an on-going basis.
- Advised Joy Global Inc. in the real estate aspects of its acquisition of LeTourneau Technologies, Inc. from Rowan Companies, Inc.
- Advised Charlesbank Capital Partners on the real estate aspects of its investment in Cedar Creek Lumber.
- Advised National Pharmaceutical Council in the disposition of a Reston, VA office building and related leasing of both that building and new space in downtown DC.
- Advised on the real estate aspects of Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics, Inc.’s economic incentive agreement with the Town of Holly Springs, North Carolina for the multi-phased acquisition of a 167-acre site for a new vaccine production facility to produce vaccines for the United States populace in the event of an avian flu pandemic.
- Foster Wheeler Environmental Corporation, Livingston, NJ, Environmental Consultant (1997-1998)
- Land Tech Remedial, Incorporated, Monroe, CT and Wyncote, PA, Environmental Consultant (1996-1997)
Honors and Rankings
- Chambers “Women in Law Awards” named Ms. Haberl as “Up & Coming Real Estate Lawyer of the Year” (2012).
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate (2012-2013)
- Legal 500 US, Finance: Not-for-Profit (2013-2014)
- Washington DC Super Lawyers, Real Estate (2014)
- Provide real estate advice to numerous non-profit organizations in connection with leasing office and retail space in the District of Columbia.
- Provided real estate advice to a national non-profit organization for the disposition of two commercial buildings in New York City.