From our offices in Beijing, Brussels, London, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, and Washington, we practice as one firm, holding closely to core values that start with a deep commitment to our clients and the quality of our work on their behalf, and that include an emphasis on teamwork among our lawyers and other professionals and a belief in the obligation of lawyers to make legal services available to all who need them.
Our lawyers are recognized nationally and internationally for their legal skills and the depth of their expertise. Many have served in senior government positions. Virtually all of them provide public service through pro bono representation. The diversity of our lawyers strengthens our ability to evaluate issues confronting our clients and to communicate effectively on their behalf in any setting. And because every client is a client of the firm, not of any specific lawyer, every client has the ability to call on any of our lawyers as needed.
Our national and international clients look to us for advice and judgment on a broad array of legal issues.
- Our litigators handle civil and criminal cases throughout the United States, and our lawyers appear regularly in courts of the European Union. We handle arbitrations, agency proceedings, and matters before international tribunals. At the trial level, Covington litigators in recent years have prevailed in jury trials involving claims as diverse as employment discrimination, complex insurance disputes, antitrust and international commercial disputes.
- In the corporate, tax and benefits area, we take a multi-disciplinary approach, resulting in an ability to deliver innovative and creative solutions. Clients benefit from the collaboration of teams of lawyers having expertise in mergers and acquisitions, securities, finance, corporate governance, tax and benefits, bankruptcy and real estate.
- Our regulatory lawyers are recognized as experts in their fields and regularly combine their talents on behalf of the world’s top financial institutions, pharmaceutical and life sciences companies, telecommunications and technology companies, utilities, railroads, sports leagues and consumer goods companies, among others.
- In the trade, antitrust and consumer protection areas, we advise on international trade matters, including trade policy, international trade controls, national security and international boundary and investment disputes, and we handle complex civil and criminal antitrust and consumer law matters, including treble-damage actions, class actions, multi-district litigation and internal investigations.
- Lawyers across the firm’s offices regularly confront emerging legal and policy issues in such technology fields as satellite, cable, wireless and digital communications, software, information infrastructure, privacy, and data security. Our media lawyers advise on constitutional questions as well as commercial matters, including program production, content review, program rights and much more.