- College of Law, London, L.P.C., 2010
- College of Law, London, G.D.L., 2009
- London School of Economics, M.Sc., 2008
- International Relations
- First Class
- London School of Economics, B.Sc., 2007
- Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method
- First Class
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
Ezra Steinhardt is an associate in the technology and media group in the London office. His practice encompasses data privacy, information technology, international trade, and legislative advocacy.
Mr. Steinhardt advises leading internet, technology and pharmaceutical companies and trade consortia on a diverse range of regulatory compliance and law reform issues. This includes policy advocacy and strategic advice on data protection and data security, consumer protection, interception of communications, copyright, and other internet-related issues.
Mr. Steinhardt also advises on trade related issues, including EU economic sanctions, export controls, and other international trade and treaty matters.
- Working with clients to respond to investigations by national privacy regulators.
- Advising pharmaceutical companies on various data privacy matters, including on the treatment of clinical health data, new e-health services and devices, and the implementation of binding corporate rules.
- Advising on law reforms, including in relation to the proposed European Data Protection Regulation, aspects of the Trans-Atlantic Trade Investment Partnership (TTIP), the Consumer Rights and Data Retention Directives, the UK Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, and other technology standards, IP and public procurement initiatives.
- Providing guidance on European trade sanctions and asset freezing measures, including those relating to Iran, Syria, Ukraine, Russia, North Korea, and Belarus.
- Assisting major financial services companies in conducting internal investigations and preparing filings to regulators in relation to EU trade compliance issues.
- Assisting a major medical devices company to advocate on IP and medical devices issues at the World Health Organization.
- Internship as a speechwriter for the U.S. Secretary of Defence, Robert Gates, at the Office of the Secretary of Defence Public Affairs (OSDPA) in 2009.
- Other internships at urban policy think tank in San Francisco and at a leading Seattle labour law firm.
- Advising Evidence for Development, a charity dedicated to improving the effectiveness of development aid through economic analysis.
- Advising Privacy International, a leading privacy NGO, on a range of law reform privacy-related matters.
- Advising Internews, an NGO that empowers local media worldwide, on the implementation of freedom of information and online media content laws.
Memberships and Affiliations
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
Publications and Speeches