- College of Law, London, L.P.C., 2010
- College of Law, London, G.D.L., 2009
- London School of Economics, M.Sc., 2008
- International Relations
- First Class
- London School of Economics, B.Sc., 2007
- Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method
- First Class
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
Ezra Steinhardt is an associate in the technology and media group in the London office. His practice encompasses data privacy, information technology, international trade, and legislative advocacy.
Mr. Steinhardt advises leading internet, technology and pharmaceutical companies, as well as trade associations and consortia, on a diverse range of regulatory compliance and law reform issues. This includes advocacy and strategic advice on policy matters such as data protection, data retention, the interception of communications, copyright, and other internet-related issues.
Mr. Steinhardt also advises on trade related issues, including EU export controls and sanctions rules.
- Assisting technology clients on European law reform matters, including the reform of the EU Consumer Rights, Data Retention and Data Protection Directives.
- Assisting software and online communications industry clients on UK interception of communications rules, and reform of the UK Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act.
- Assisting a major medical devices company to advocate on IP and medical devices issues at the World Health Organization.
- Advising pharmaceutical clients on various data privacy matters, including providing guidance on the treatment of clinical health data under the European data protection principles, new e-health services and devices, and implementing and obtaining regulatory approval for binding corporate rules.
- Providing guidance to companies in a range of sectors on compliance with sanctions regimes, including those against Libya, Iran, Syria, Burma and the Ivory Coast.
- Internship as a speechwriter for the U.S. Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates, at the Office of the Secretary of Defense Public Affairs (OSDPA) in 2009.
- Other internships at urban policy think tank in San Francisco and at a leading Seattle labour law firm.
- Advising Privacy International, a leading privacy NGO, on a range of EU data protection related matters.
- Advising Evidence for Development, a UK charity focused on improving models of the economic impact of aid.
Publications and Speeches