Eve Pogoriler's practice focuses on communications and media. She advises media and communications clients in a variety of transactional, regulatory, and rulemaking matters and counsels broadcasting clients on First Amendment, libel, and newsgathering issues. She regularly advises clients on compliance issues, negotiates retransmission consent agreements, guides stations through the license renewal process, and counsels clients on issues including political broadcasting, mobile DTV, and the FCC’s multiple ownership rules.
Ms. Pogoriler received her J.D. from Harvard Law School and her B.A. from the University of Wisconsin. She is admitted to the bar of the District of Columbia.
- Successfully represent major broadcast industry trade association in proceedings at the FCC and assist in litigation concerning FCC rulemakings.
- Represent the CBS Television Network Affiliates Association and the NBC Television Network Affiliates on strategic, legal, and policy issues confronting network affiliates.
- Help broadcasting clients navigate complex and ongoing developments with respect to spectrum policy and draft related rulemaking comments for clients.
- Develop strategic legislative and regulatory approaches concerning retransmission consent.
- Advise broadcasters on political broadcasting rules and help defend stations against political broadcasting complaints.
- Assist stations in responding to FCC enforcement matters on issues such as the FCC’s closed captioning rules.
- Successfully negotiate retransmission consent agreements for broadcast station carriage on cable, satellite, and telco systems.
- Counsel media clients in transactional matters, including assisting clients with the due diligence process, negotiating and drafting deal documents, and obtaining FCC approval.
- Advise global anti-corruption group on defamation issues in connection with several annual publications.
- Assist clients in preparation of powers of attorney.
- Assist station in license renewal process and in the negotiation of retransmission consent agreements.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Federal Communications Bar Association
Publications and Speeches
- "International Jurisdiction and the Age of Cloud Computing," BNA's Internet Law Resource Center and Internet Law & Regulation (February 2011), Co-Author
- "National Security," The International Lawyer, Vol. 43, No. 2 (Summer 2009), Co-Author
- "National Security," The International Lawyer, Vol. 42, No. 2 (Summer 2008), Co-Author