Eric Hellerman has extensive experience in litigating, counseling and resolving complex and other commercial disputes, regarding corporate control, finance, securities, banking, executive employment and intellectual property, on behalf of institutions and high net worth individuals. Mr. Hellerman has litigated disputes on behalf of institutional and high net worth individual clients in various industries including financial services and investment, insurance, energy, real estate, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals. Mr. Hellerman also is deeply experience in First Amendment and media defense litigation and counseling. Mr. Hellerman also litigates class action civil rights cases against governmental entities.
- Successful defense of an action involving allegations of short-swing profits in violation of Section 16(b) of the Securities and Exchange Act.
- Successful representations of numerous clients in Delaware Chancery Court in cases involving corporate control and securities.
- Ongoing patent litigation before the International Trade.
- Successful representations of numerous clients in New York Federal and State courts in executive employment and compensation disputes.
- Successful defense of commercial and news media clients against defamation and related claims.
- Co-lead counsel to the plaintiff class in Floyd v. City of New York, a class action pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (S.D.N.Y.), challenging the constitutionality of the New York Police Department’s stop-and-frisk policies and practices.