Ed Dixon is a member of the firm’s corporate group and is resident in the Washington office. His practice focuses on the Life Sciences industry. Mr. Dixon regularly advises pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients on a full range of transactional matters, including complex licensing and collaboration arrangements, acquisitions and divestitures of pharmaceutical companies and products, marketing and co-promotion agreements, and supply and distribution transactions, including authorized generic distribution agreements.
- AstraZeneca in its strategic diabetes alliance with Bristol-Myers Squibb in connection with BMS’s acquisition of Amylin Pharmaceuticals.
- Eisai in connection with a marketing and supply agreement with Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for the exclusive right to commercialize lorcaserin for obesity and weight management in North and South America.
- AstraZeneca in connection with its agreement granting Pfizer worldwide rights to sell an OTC version of AstraZeneca’s blockbuster proton pump inhibitor, Nexium.
- AstraZeneca in its global collaboration with The Medicines Company to develop and commercialize acute ischemic heart disease compounds.
- Eli Lilly and Company in supply and distribution arrangements for its radiopharmaceutical PET imaging agent Amyvid™.
- Eisai in its worldwide collaboration with Epizyme, Inc. to discover, develop and commercialize therapeutics targeting EZH2, an epigenetic enzyme, for the treatment of lymphoma and other cancers in genetically-defined patients.
- AstraZeneca in a worldwide collaboration with Targacept, Inc. to develop and commercialize a late-stage investigational product for major depressive disorder.
- AstraZeneca in its co-promotion arrangements with Abbott for AstraZeneca's Crestor® and Abbott’s Trilipix®.
Honors and Rankings
- Legal 500 US, Healthcare: Life Sciences (2013)
- LMG Life Sciences, "Life Science Star - Finance & Transactional" (2012-2013)