Ambassador Daniel Spiegel is senior of counsel and Foreign Legal Consultant for the firm's Seoul office.
He regularly counsels multinational corporations on complex market entry strategies in Asia and other regions.
Mr. Spiegel's international policy practice enables him to provide domestic and foreign clients with a broad range of legal services, strategic advice, and representation in their relations with both government and multilateral organizations such as the United Nations, IMF, and the OECD. He has also represented sovereign governments from Europe, Latin America, and the Persian Gulf on trade, investment, environmental, and foreign policy matters.
- Represented a broad range of food and non-alcoholic beverage companies before a UN agency setting health standards on obesity.
- Advised a Persian Gulf government on a number of policy matters central to its relations with the United States.
- Provided strategic advice to a Fortune 10 company to protect its intellectual property in key developing country markets.
- Represented a Chinese energy company in its attempt to acquire a US energy firm.
- Represented a global vaccine manufacturer in its effort to introduce lifesaving products into innovative global programs designed to provide advanced vaccines to poor nations in Africa and Latin America.
- United States Permanent Representative to the European Office of the United Nations, Geneva (1993-1996)
- Department of State, Member, Policy Planning Staff (1979-1980)
- Department of State, Special Assistant to Secretary of State Cyrus Vance (1977-1978)
- U.S. Senate, Legislative Assistant for Foreign Policy to Senator Hubert H. Humphrey (1971-1976)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Council on Foreign Relations
Publications and Speeches