Mr. Luchsinger practices in a broad range of federal income tax issues, including the structuring of partnerships and joint ventures; cross-border acquisitions and dispositions; cross border investments and financings, both inbound and outbound; and cross-border corporate restructurings involving US subpart F minimization and foreign tax credit utilization, foreign withholding minimization, and outbound property transfers. Mr. Luchsinger regularly oversees multijurisdictional acquisitions and restructurings, drawing on a network of advisors of the highest caliber throughout the world. Mr. Luchsinger advises both US and Non-US clients in a number of industries, including manufacturing, clean energy, and consumer products. For the last decade, Mr. Luchsinger has taught Taxation of Partnerships at the Georgetown University Law Center and speaks regularly on a variety of federal income tax topics.
- Manufacturer -- led project and advised on US tax aspects of restructuring involving India manufacturing subsidiaries.
- Manufacturer -- led project and advised on US tax aspects of restructuring involving European and Asian operations.
- Beverage company -- advised on US tax aspects of financing and structuring multi-billion dollar corporate and JV acquisition and operation.
- Beverage company -- advised on US tax aspects of integration of foreign operations following a multi-billion dollar acquisition.
- Numerous companies -- advised on structuring domestic and foreign JVs and limited liability companies.
Honors and Rankings
- Chambers USA, Tax (2010-2013)
- Legal 500 US, Tax (2012-2013)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Georgetown University Law Center, Adjunct Professor of Law (2004-2010)
- International Bar Association, Member
Publications and Speeches