- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1992
- magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Georgetown Law Journal
- University of Minnesota, B.S., 1988
- summa cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Mr. Luchsinger practices in a broad range of federal income tax issues, including the structuring of partnerships and joint ventures; cross-border acquisitions and dispositions, including both inbound and outbound property and stock transfers; and cross-border corporate restructurings involving partnership issues, US subpart F minimization and foreign tax credit utilization, and foreign withholding minimization. Mr. Luchsinger regularly oversees multijurisdictional acquisitions and restructurings, drawing on a network of advisors of the highest caliber throughout the world. Mr. Luchsinger advises both US and non-US clients in a number of industries, including manufacturing, clean energy, and consumer products. For almost a decade, Mr. Luchsinger taught Taxation of Partnerships at the Georgetown University Law Center and speaks regularly on a variety of federal income tax topics.
- Weyerhaeuser -- tax advice concerning the acquisition and simplification of Longview Timberlands, and the distribution of Weyerhaeuser’s homebuilding business.
- Manufacturer -- led project and advised on US tax aspects of restructuring involving India manufacturing subsidiaries.
- Manufacturer -- led project and advised on US tax aspects of restructuring involving European and Asian operations.
- Beverage company -- advised on US tax aspects of financing and structuring multi-billion dollar corporate and JV acquisition and operation.
- Beverage company -- advised on US tax aspects of integration of foreign operations following a multi-billion dollar acquisition.
- Numerous companies -- advised on structuring domestic and foreign JVs and limited liability companies.
Honors and Rankings
- Washington DC Super Lawyers, Tax (2014)
- Chambers USA, Tax (2010-2014)
- Legal 500 US, Tax (2012-2014)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Georgetown University Law Center, Adjunct Professor of Law (2004-2010)
- International Bar Association, Member
Publications and Speeches