- Keble College, University of Oxford, M.S., 1993
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 1992
- American University, B.A., 1987
- Universidad de Sevilla, Spain, 1986
- District of Columbia
Dan Bryant is a partner in the Washington, DC office and chair of the Public Policy and Government Affairs Practice Group.
Mr. Bryant most recently served as Senior Vice President for Global Public Policy and Government Affairs at PepsiCo. There, he led their worldwide government affairs team and oversaw global public policy efforts, encompassing all policy and governmental issues impacting the company.
Prior to joining PepsiCo, Mr. Bryant served as Assistant Attorney General for Legal Policy and Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs at the U.S. Department of Justice, having been unanimously confirmed by the U.S. Senate for both positions. In these posts, Mr. Bryant was responsible for planning and coordinating implementation of major legal policy initiatives and advising the Attorney General on legal and policy matters. Mr. Bryant also served as Counselor to the Attorney General. He testified as the Administration and Justice Department witness before Congress on multiple occasions on a range of issues, including: executive privilege; counter-terrorism and national security; international child abduction and safety; and Article V and the constitutional amendment process. He has argued multiple cases in U.S. Courts of Appeal.
Prior to the Justice Department, Mr. Bryant was Majority Chief Counsel to the House Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Crime. He was responsible for advising the Chairman and members of the Committee on issues arising within the Committee’s jurisdiction, and worked closely with the House leadership to direct and guide legislative and communications strategies. The issues Mr. Bryant focused on most closely included: national security and counter-terrorism; the Controlled Substances Act; hemispheric narcotics issues; Food Drug and Cosmetic Act issues; federal, state and local information-sharing and collaboration issues; and a range of constitutional issues. Mr. Bryant also served on the U.S. Senate Government Affairs Committee, Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations (PSI).
- PepsiCo, Senior Vice President, Global Public Policy and Government Affairs
- U.S. Department of Justice, Assistant Attorney General for Legal Policy; Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs; Counselor and Senior Advisor to the Attorney General
- U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on the Judiciary, Subcommittee on Crime, Majority Chief Counsel; Majority Counsel; and Assistant Majority Counsel
- U.S. Senate, Government Affairs Committee, Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, Professional Staff
Honors and Rankings
- U.S. Department of Justice, Edmund Randolph Award
Publications and Speeches