- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2009
- cum laude
- The Georgetown Law Journal, Annual Review of Criminal Procedure, Editor
- Georgetown University, B.S.F.S., 2003
- District of Columbia
Christine Minarich practices in the firm’s international trade and government contracts groups. She counsels clients on US trade regulations, including export controls and anti-boycott laws, and provides advice on compliance, licensing, and enforcement actions. Ms. Minarich also advises government contractors on questions related to federal and state procurement laws and interpretation of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
- Assisting companies in conducting internal investigations into foreign trade control violations, filing voluntary self-disclosures, and implementing corrective compliance measures in the wake of those disclosures.
- Preparing license applications, proposed technical assistance and manufacturing license agreements, commodity jurisdiction ruling requests, and registrations for the State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls.
- Completed one-year secondment in the export licensing department of a Fortune 100 company. Developed and coordinated an enterprise-wide export compliance manual translating regulatory expectations into actionable standard policies and procedures applicable across a range of aerospace, military, and commercial sectors.
- Counseling corporate clients on their obligations under the antiboycott program administered by the Commerce Department’s Office of Antiboycott Compliance and the antiboycott provisions of the Internal Revenue Code administered by the Treasury Department.
- Representing US government contractors in post-award protests of Air Force and State Department procurement decisions before the Government Accountability Office.
- Advising electronics companies on country-of-origin issues for purposes of US government procurement.
- Georgetown University Law Center, Manager of Legal Recruitment (2007-2009)
- Inter-American Court of Human Rights, Pasante (2007)
- Assisting a Sudanese mother of four obtain a divorce from her husband, custody of her children, and a fair marital property distribution.
- Serving as a guardian ad litem in multiple child custody proceedings before the D.C. Superior Court.
Publications and Speeches
- "OFAC Issues New Guidance Regarding Entities Owned by One or More Designated Parties," Covington E-Alert (8/15/2014), Co-Author
- "Developments in EU and U.S. Sanctions: Russian Financial, Energy, and Defense Sectors Targeted with Coordinated New Sanctions; Additional Export Controls Restrictions, Investment Restrictions, and Asset-Blocking Measures Imposed," Covington E-Alert (7/30/2014), Co-Author
- "OFAC Makes Significant Revisions to Its SDN List: Removal of Hundreds of Designated Narcotics Traffickers, Additional Listing of Parties in Ukraine," Covington E-Alert (6/23/2014), Co-Author