- Cambridge University, LL.M., 2009
- EU Business Law
- magna cum laude
- European Cambridge Trusts Scholar
- Onassis Foundation Scholar
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, LL.M., 2008
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, LL.B., 2007
Christos Malamataris is an associate in our Brussels office. He advises clients on all areas of EU competition law, including merger control, EU state aid law and cartel investigations, as well as public procurement.
- Microsoft in relation to its acquisition of Skype.
- bpost in the State aid investigation of the European Commission for the period 1992-2010.
- Samsung Electronics in the European Commission investigation into TFT-LCD.
- Major gas and oil producer in Eastern Europe, in relation to abuse of dominance and State aid matters.
- European Commission, Directorate General of Internal Market, Unit E1, Services, Brussels, National Expert (2011)
- European Commission, Directorate General of Competition, Units D3 and D5, Financial Services, Brussels, Trainee (2010-2011)
- British Institute of International and Comparative Law, EU Law Chair, London, Research Assistant (2010)
- Intellectual Property Organization, Athens, Intern (2007)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Cambridge University EU Society
Publications and Speeches
- "Pricing Behaviour of Postal Operators," Report for the European Commission (2012), Co-Author
- "State Aid Control in a Stability Programme Country: The Case of Greece," Competition Policy Newsletter (January 2011), Co-Author
- "Tax Sovereignty of Member States in the EU: The Internal Market Perspective," (2010) (in Greek), Author