Christine Haskett, who serves as co-chair of the firm’s patent litigation practice group, represents global companies in disputes involving semiconductor, chemical process, and pharmaceutical technologies. In particular, she has represented semiconductor companies, chemical companies, pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnology companies in a wide variety of patent-related and insurance coverage disputes.
Ms. Haskett's cases have spanned a vast array of technologies that leverage her Chemical Engineering background, including semiconductor fabrication, chemical manufacturing, polymer-based drug delivery systems, pharmaceutical formulations, and biotechnology.
Prior to law school, Ms. Haskett worked as a Process Engineer for Shell Oil Company.
- Represents a major chemical company in an insurance coverage dispute relating to a chemical manufacturing facility.
- Represented Samsung in patent infringement district court litigation against Enterprise Systems Technologies. (Enterprise Systems Technologies, S.a.r.l. v. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. et al., Case 6:14-cv-00555, E.D. Tex.).
- Represents Samsung in patent infringement district court litigation involving maps technology. (American Navigation Systems, Inc. v. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., et al., Case 3:14-cv-05298-JST, N.D. Cal).
- Represented SK hynix, Inc. in a patent infringement suit involving seven patents relating to plasma generation in semiconductor manufacturing. (Zond, Inc. v. SK Hynix, Inc., et al., Case 1:13-cv-11591-RGS, D. Mass.).
- Represented Samsung in a nine-patent district court litigation and related ITC Section 337 investigation involving mobile phones, tablets, televisions, Blu-Ray players and home theater systems. (Black Hills Media, LLC v. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., et al, 2:13cv379, E.D. Tex. and Digital Media Devices, Including Televisions, Blu-Ray disc Players, Home Theater Systems, Tablets and Mobile Phones, Components Thereof and Associated Software, 337-TA-882, USITC).
- Represented Ariba, Inc. (an SAP company) in litigation involving misappropriation of trade secrets by numerous former employees who were recruited by Ariba’s competitor. (Ariba,Inc. v. Coupa Software, Inc., Case No: 1-14-CV-265917 (Superior Court of California, Santa Clara County).
- Represented Samsung in a patent infringement suit involving scalable displays of web pages on mobile devices. (SoftView LLC v. Apple Inc. et al., 1:10cv389, D. Del.).
- Represented Samsung in a patent infringement suit involving computer programs. (Arendi S.A.R.L. v. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., et al., 1:12cv1598, D. Del.).
- Represented Samsung in a patent infringement suit involving cameras, smartphones, and tablets with geo-tagging functionality. (MyPort IP, Inc. v. HTC Corporation, et al., 6:11cv246, E.D. Tex.).
- Represented Samsung in a patent infringement case involving semiconductor fabrication and circuit technologies. (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. et al. v. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., et al., CV-08-0986 SI, N.D. Cal.).
Honors and Rankings
- Northern California Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property Litigation (2014)
Memberships and Affiliations
Publications and Speeches