Bill Wichterman is a non-lawyer member of Covington’s Public Policy and Government Affairs practice. Most recently, Mr. Wichterman served as Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Director of Public Liaison at the White House. He was Policy Advisor to Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, and Chief of Staff to Congressman Joe Pitts and Congressman Bill Baker.
Mr. Wichterman is skilled at developing and implementing comprehensive strategies -- including the media, opinion-makers, and interest groups -- to accomplish policy goals. From nearly two decades of government service, he has extensive knowledge of the policy-making and political structures in Washington. Mr. Wichterman has more than 21 years of experience in policy-making, and has been active in patent reform, health care, litigation reform, financial institutions, and tax policy. He has inside experience in congressional and presidential campaigns, and was a key staff participant on the Republican Convention's Platform Committee in 2004.
- Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Director of Public Liaison at the White House
- U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, Policy Advisor
- Rep. Joseph Pitts, Chief of Staff
- Rep. Bill Baker, Chief of Staff
- Rep. Bob Walker, Legislative Assistant
Publications and Speeches
- "Russian Intervention in Ukraine," Covington E-Alert & Advisory (3/5/2014), Co-Author
- "Making Goodness Fashionable," Creating the Better Hour: Lessons from William Wilberforce (2007), Author
- "The Culture: Upstream from Politics," Building a Healthy Culture: Strategies for an American Renaissance (2001), Author