Anita Stork is a partner in the San Francisco office of Covington. Chambers USA has described her as “bright” and “highly talented” with “a great practice.”
Ms. Stork represents domestic and international companies facing criminal and civil price-fixing charges, and also advises clients on their antitrust, licensing, and compliance issues.
Multiple publications have recognized Ms. Stork for her antitrust expertise, including Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America, Euromoney’s Benchmark Litigation: National Star and California State Star, San Francisco and Los Angeles Daily Journal: Top Women Litigators, Law & Politics Magazine: Top 50 Women Lawyers in Bay Area, Northern California Super Lawyer, and Benchmark: Top 250 Women in Litigation (US).
Ms. Stork is a vice chair of the firm's Antitrust and Competition Law Practice Group, and a former vice chair of the firm's litigation practice.
Frequently sought out as a speaker on antitrust topics, Ms. Stork also has been active in the Antitrust Section of the California State Bar. She served on the Section’s Executive Committee, was Vice-Chair of Programs, and currently is an Executive Committee advisor.
- In re Automotive Parts Antitrust Litigation - Won early dismissal from price-fixing cases based on lack of personal jurisdiction for a German manufacturer of wire harnesses.
- In re Transpacific Passenger Air Transportation Antitrust Litigation - Represent Philippine Airlines in putative class action alleging price-fixing of transpacific passenger fares and fuel surcharges. Obtained dismissal of billions in damage claims on FTAIA grounds.
- In re ATM Fee Antitrust Litigation - Represent major bank in Sherman Act case regarding interchange fees. Obtained summary judgment on standing issues under Illinois Brick.
- In re Automotive Parts Antitrust Litigation - Represent supplier of automobile components in multidistrict class action cases alleging price-fixing in the heater control panel market.
- Static Random Access Memory Litigation - Represented Integrated Device Technologies in price-fixing litigation. Secured dismissal of claims at early stage of case.
- Represented DTS in arbitration and in Sherman Act litigation over scope of FRAND licensing obligation.
- In re Late Fee and Over-Limit Fee Litigation - Represent major bank in antitrust litigation concerning credit card fees. Won motion to dismiss all claims.
- Represented the Special Litigation Committee of Fortune 50 company in its internal investigation of alleged wrongdoing by officers, directors, and outside contractors.
Honors and Rankings
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Antitrust (2004-2013)
- Euromoney's Benchmark Litigation, "Top 250 Women in Litigation" - CA (2013-2014); National Star for Antitrust and CA State Star (2013-2014)
- San Francisco and Los Angeles Daily Journal, Top Women Litigators (2009)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Antitrust (2009-2014)
- "Top 50 Women" lawyers in Bay Area, Law & Politics Magazine (2008-2010)
- "Top 50 Women" lawyers, Northern California Super Lawyer (2011-2012)
- Northern California Super Lawyer, Antitrust Litigation (2005-2013)
- Benchmark: Top 250 Women in Litigation (US) (2013).
Memberships and Affiliations
- California State Bar Leadership
- Advisor to the Executive Committee of the California State Bar Section on Antitrust and Competition Law (2007-present)
- Executive Committee of the California State Bar Section on Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law (2004-2007)
- Vice-Chair of Programs, Executive Committee of the California State Bar Section on Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law (2005-2006)
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
Publications and Speeches