Anita Stork represents clients in high-stakes antitrust litigation matters which are bet-the-company cases. Her practice also encompasses complex securities, intellectual property, and consumer class actions. Chambers USA has described her as "bright" and "highly talented" with "a great practice."
Ms. Stork also has significant experience handling internal investigations into anti-corruption, accounting fraud, and corporate malfeasance allegations, along with the parallel government inquiries and lawsuits. She has successfully represented clients in arbitrations involving FRAND and securities fraud issues.
Multiple publications have recognized Ms. Stork for her legal expertise, including Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America, Euromoney’s Benchmark Litigation: National Star and California State Star, San Francisco and Los Angeles Daily Journal: Top Women Litigators, Law & Politics Magazine: Top 50 Women Lawyers in Bay Area, Northern California Super Lawyer, and Benchmark: Top 250 Women in Litigation (US).
Ms. Stork is a vice chair of the firm's Antitrust and Competition Law Practice Group, and a former vice chair of the firm's Litigation Practice Group. Frequently sought out as a speaker on antitrust and litigation topics, Ms. Stork also has been active in the Antitrust Section of the California State Bar. She served on the Section’s Executive Committee, was Vice-Chair of Programs, and currently is an Executive Committee advisor.
- In re Automotive Parts Antitrust Litigation - Won early dismissal from price-fixing cases based on lack of personal jurisdiction for a German manufacturer of wire harnesses.
- In re Transpacific Passenger Air Transportation Antitrust Litigation - Represent Philippine Airlines in putative class action alleging price-fixing of transpacific passenger fares and fuel surcharges. Argued summary judgment motion based on the filed rate doctrine which eliminated a portion of plaintiffs’ damage claims. Also obtained dismissal of billions of dollars in damage claims on FTAIA grounds.
- Represented the former Chief Investment Officer of Fixed Income for major mutual fund company in SEC lawsuit concerning investment in mortgage-backed securities.
- Represented the Special Litigation Committee of Fortune 50 company in its internal investigation of alleged wrongdoing by officers, directors, and outside contractors. Litigated the accompanying shareholder derivative suit.
- In re ATM Fee Antitrust Litigation - Represented Bank of America in putative class action regarding interchange fees. Obtained summary judgment on standing issues under Illinois Brick, which was affirmed by the Ninth Circuit.
- Investigated allegations of illegal payments to Chinese officials for US-based company.
- In re Automotive Parts Antitrust Litigation - Represent Alps Electric, a supplier of automobile components in putative class action cases alleging price-fixing in the heater control panel market.
- Conducted Audit Committee investigation for food products producer in connection with SEC inquiry into the company’s restatement of its financials.
- Nomadix v. HP, et al., - Represented HP in patent litigation concerning network gateway devices.
- In re Static Random Access Memory Litigation - Represented Integrated Device Technologies in price-fixing litigation. Secured dismissal of claims against the Company before opening of discovery.
Honors and Rankings
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Antitrust (2004-2014)
- Euromoney's Benchmark Litigation, "Top 250 Women in Litigation" - CA (2013-2014); National Star for Antitrust and CA State Star (2013-2015)
- San Francisco and Los Angeles Daily Journal, Top Women Litigators (2009)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Antitrust (2009-2014)
- "Top 50 Women" lawyers in Bay Area, Law & Politics Magazine (2008-2010)
- "Top 50 Women" lawyers, Northern California Super Lawyer (2011-2012)
- Northern California Super Lawyer, Antitrust Litigation (2005-2014)
Memberships and Affiliations
- California State Bar Leadership
- Advisor to the Executive Committee of the California State Bar Section on Antitrust and Competition Law (2007-present)
- Executive Committee of the California State Bar Section on Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law (2004-2007)
- Vice-Chair of Programs, Executive Committee of the California State Bar Section on Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law (2005-2006)
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
Publications and Speeches