Andrew Jack has a diverse corporate and securities practice with clients principally in the industrial manufacturing, technology and sports and entertainment industries. He regularly represents corporations, board committees, and other forms of enterprises in mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, financing activities, Sarbanes-Oxley and 1934 Act compliance, corporate governance counseling, and executive compensation arrangements. Mr. Jack also co-chairs the firm's Clean Energy and Climate industry group.
ExxonMobil in structuring and establishing with Chevron, Shell, and ConocoPhillips the Marine Well Containment Company, a venture dedicated to build and deploy a rapid response system to capture and contain oil in the event of a potential future underwater well blowout in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. in its $420 million underwritten public offering of common stock and convertible senior notes and in its acquisition of Solar Integrated Technologies.
- Joy Global Inc., a worldwide leader in high-productivity mining solutions, in its $270 million acquisition of the parent holding company of Continental Global Inc, its $1.1 billion acquisition of LeTourneau Technologies, Inc. and subsequent sale of LeTourneau’s drilling systems business, and a $500 million senior notes offering.
- D.C. Sports and Entertainment Commission in relocation of the former Montreal Expos to Washington DC, including stadium development and interim lease agreements with Major League Baseball and the Washington Nationals, $535 million stadium revenue bond offering, and related legislative approvals.
- JLG Industries, Inc. -- $3.2 billion merger into Oshkosh Truck Corporation, Global Strategic Alliance with Caterpillar for the development, manufacture and marketing by JLG of Caterpillar-branded telehandlers, Acquisitions of Omniquip and Gradall Industries, public offering of $125 million common stock, private placements of $125 million senior notes and $175 million senior subordinated notes.
Honors and Rankings
- Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A and Private Equity
- Legal 500 US, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Washington DC Super Lawyers, Business/Corporate, Securities & Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions
Memberships and Affiliations
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals, Member
Publications and Speeches
- "Practical Advice for Navigating Legal Traps and Regulatory Complexity," CleanEquity Monaco, Monte Carlo (March 2014)
- "From International to Interstates: Assessing the Opportunity for Chinese Participation in U.S. Infrastructure," U.S. Chamber of Commerce (October 2013), Co-Author
- "Private Equity Investment in the Solar Industry," SEIA Finance Seminar, New York (July 2013)