- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2011
- with highest honors
- Order of the Coif
- The George Washington Law Review, Notes Editor
- University of Dallas, B.A., 2008
- magna cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Hon. Catharina Haynes, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2012-2014
- District of Columbia
Alex Hastings is an associate in the Washington, DC office and a member of the firm’s Government Contracts Practice Group. Mr. Hastings advises clients in securing and performing government contracts and responding to government investigations.
Mr. Hastings is also a member of the E-Discovery Practice Group where he routinely advises clients concerning best practices in e-discovery. He assists in investigations and litigation that involve complex e-discovery issues and has represented clients in investigations brought by the U.S. Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Represented government contractor in potential False Claims Act investigation.
- Provided government contracts due diligence advice to a private equity firm in a transaction involving a major government contractor.
- Represented pharmaceutical manufacturer in investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice regarding compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Advised various types of companies concerning an array of document preservation and data privacy issues.
- United States Department of Justice, Civil Division, Appellate Staff, Intern (2010)
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia, Judicial Intern, the Honorable Reggie B. Walton (2009)
- Represented Arizona death row inmate in post-conviction relief proceedings.
Publications and Speeches
- "First Lead IG Designated Under Amended Inspector General Act," Inside Government Contracts Blog (1/9/2015), Co-Author
- "E-Discovery Challenges in White Collar Investigations," EDDE Journal (Winter 2015), Co-Author
- "E-Discovery’s New Frontier: What the Increase in Portable Corporate Communication Means for E-Discovery," EDDE Journal (Summer 2012), Co-Author