Covington represents some of the largest participants in the global mining and mining equipment industry in a wide range of transactional, tax, environmental, regulatory, and policy matters. Our clients include leading producers of bauxite, construction aggregates, copper, gold, iron, lithium, molybdenum and phosphates, as well as financiers and major equipment suppliers to mining companies. Our experience with such a diverse client-base ensures that we are familiar with the commercial, regulatory and policy concerns that drive key positions and business decisions for the industry’s leading firms.
- A leading global gold producer in environmental, regulatory compliance, and international venture structuring matters.
- A global bauxite and aluminum processing company in environmental, insurance coverage, and data privacy matters.
- One of the world's largest mining equipment companies in securities, corporate, M&A, employee benefits, and other matters.
- A leading phosphate producer on corporate, M&A, intellectual property, internal governance, trade, regulatory compliance, antitrust, environmental, and litigation matters.
- A large US construction aggregates company on international projects and US environmental, insurance coverage, tax, and securities matters.
- A publicly traded Chinese mining company on mining investments in North America.
- A leading global producer of copper and molybdenum in environmental, financing, regulatory compliance, and insurance coverage matters.
- A global gold, silver, and copper mining company on tax aspects of various amalgamations and acquisitions.
- A leading gold mining company on a range of tax matters involving cross border transactions, capital flows, and restructuring activities.
- A leading global energy company on strategic advice, including EITI and revenue transparency, in Ghana and Equatorial Guinea.
- Several mining companies in litigation and agency proceedings in connection with Federal and State remediation and natural resource damage claims at mine sites.